North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

So, level 2 will be replaced by a steeper tier.

The club wants more feedback on rail seating on level 2. All of you in favour, please mention that in your feedback.

Club.

In line with our ambition to create a destination with multiple facilities and factoring in the current configuration and design of the stadium, we have worked closely with architects to propose the development of a larger upper tier with a steeper gradient than the existing lower tier.

Rail seating is currently installed in the South Stand of the Etihad Stadium. During the Club’s feasibility studies, fans told us that they would like rail seating to be considered within an expanded North Stand.

We would like to hear views from more of our fans on this topic.

Yes,quite. I also think,depending on how the hotel is priced, many matchday fans and even s/c fans that travel will use the hotel and restaurants around the campus. I will as I say depending on prices.

For people like myself it’s perfect as we fly in from the isle Of Man the day of the game and aren’t really arsed about nights out etc? We go chairman’s suite as well so spend a decent amount every year even though we only get to maybe 6-8 home games a season but when we come over it’s all about the City experience

I don't think that the South Stand will be quite what it is now, however I still think you'll find it's quite rowdy in there. Some people just enjoy being near the away fans and that won't change. I expect the South Stand to maintain a decent atmosphere

We can surely have two singing ends. The north stand being the main home end. Most other clubs in the premier league have that.

I
You could leave the L1 family stand where it is, no L2 available for family stand. The youngsters love to join in the chanting, not too sure parents will like them singing the songs when at home though

It is not feasible or fair to put youngsters in L2 or L3 south stand, anywhere near the away fans

The away fans won’t be moved anywhere from where they presently are due to logistics

I would make North and South stand cheap as possible. It will make for a great atmosphere if L2 is rail seated other than the lower tier
t wouldnt take much to move the away fans round the corner, maintain the logistics, improve safety and create a 2nd City end.

Where there's a will.....

Thing the whole thing is geared to visitors from overseas coming for one or two games a season, or a once in a lifetime visit.

Personally I just want a better Metrolink service, currently it is wank.

Maybe the hotel/food outlets, but I don’t think the 7,000 safe standing home end is. We need local fans for that

Outline construction timetable.

Our proposals would represent a major construction project that would take up to three years to complete, offering 2,600 jobs prioritised for people from Greater Manchester. The project would represent over £300m investment in East Manchester.

Subject to the Club submitting a planning application and receiving approval, it is anticipated that a main construction contract would be awarded in September 2023.

The construction period would be carefully planned around the football season to minimise the potential for disruption as a result.

As such, it is anticipated that main construction works would likely commence on-site in November 2023 so the North Stand itself would be complete and open for the beginning of the 2025/26 football season i.e. August 2025.

The hotel, workspace and public realm works, including City Square, would subsequently complete by mid-late 2026.

View attachment 70601Does this look like the emergency access tunnel is moving? If so, it looks like my seat which is literally right next to it now, is going :-(

I wouldn't put too much focus into this drawings for the time being. There's also a giant white gap between the stand and pitch!

They're just to give a quick impression of roughly what to expect.

We can surely have two singing ends. The north stand being the main home end. Most other clubs in the premier league have that.
I think that'd be great. Best example for me is Leeds who's main singing end was always the North Stand, however they have some right fuckers next to the away end these days. Wolves as well have singing sections behind each goal which makes for some really good atmosphere at times

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.