North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Everyone outside of a handful of people is KFA
Anyway, off to the ignore list you go, you weirdo
:) :) So why did you imply that there was going to be a corporate section in the middle of the new stand.…..Because you made it up

They are very lucky to have owners that listen to their fans and give them all they want. Whereas ours only care about profit and themselves.
Yes they sack managers and buy overpriced players at their fans request

I am grateful. I'm very grateful. We all are. But there has to be a balance. Driving revenue is obviously very important to the club. At the end of the day City is a business as well as being a football club. Driving revenue will always be one of the most important parts of running City. I accept that. Outside of driving revenue other things are also important to the fans like season ticket prices, match day ticket prices, food and drink prices, the way the club is run in general, the atmosphere, etc.

I think it's important to know what our PL rivals are doing on and off the pitch. That includes ways of improving the atmosphere inside stadiums. There's nothing wrong with looking at what United and other clubs are doing to improve the atmosphere in their grounds and the way that is being implemented. There's no shame in thinking that's a good idea, and a positive idea, and something City maybe able to look at and to replicate at the Etihad to improve our atmosphere.

The North stand expansion and a better atmosphere, which we all want, are intrinsically linked. If City can get both right, then we will have one hell of a stand and a home end. :-)
Sadly there will be no balance, the club is a business and thus has to operate to a profit.

We are now one of the biggest clubs in the world and the most successful, to maintain that we have to buy the best players and pay the best wages not only for players but all the best in class employees we have and if that means corporate, so be it.

As said before, society has changed and I would say a lot and probably a vastly growing percentage, want more than a cheap ticket and a balti pie.

Some great fishing going on. ;-) Have you hooked jrb, the Rag Sprat?

Hopefully the picture have got me off the hook? :-)

Sadly there will be no balance, the club is a business and thus has to operate to a profit.

We are now one of the biggest clubs in the world and the most successful, to maintain that we have to buy the best players and pay the best wages not only for players but all the best in class employees we have and if that means corporate, so be it.

As said before, society has changed and I would say a lot and probably a vastly growing percentage, want more than a cheap ticket and a balti pie.

Again True. You post a lot of sense Keeper.

But that doesn't mean we can't have a new North stand that delivers revenue and atmosphere. Yes, it might seem like a tricky proposition, or an impossible proposition, but given the right and sensible decisions, I think City can deliver both. Or I hope they can?

I am grateful. I'm very grateful. We all are. But there has to be a balance. Driving revenue is obviously very important to the club. At the end of the day City is a business as well as being a football club. Driving revenue will always be one of the most important parts of running City. I accept that. Outside of driving revenue other things are also important to the fans like season ticket prices, match day ticket prices, food and drink prices, the way the club is run in general, the atmosphere, etc.

I think it's important to know what our PL rivals are doing on and off the pitch. That includes ways of improving the atmosphere inside stadiums. There's nothing wrong with looking at what United and other clubs are doing to improve the atmosphere in their grounds and the way that is being implemented. There's no shame in thinking that's a good idea, and a positive idea, and something City maybe able to look at and to replicate at the Etihad to improve our atmosphere.

The North stand expansion and a better atmosphere, which we all want, are intrinsically linked. If City can get both right, then we will have one hell of a stand and a home end. :-)

Agree with every word.

And I for the best part trust this hierarchy to strike that balance.

Absolutely they should listen to fan groups and feedback from fans.

But ultimately I think we might also have to be open to the notion that we see the crescent and they might see the whole of the moon.

But that doesn't mean we can't have a new North stand that delivers revenue and atmosphere. Yes, it might seem like a tricky proposition, or an impossible proposition, but given the right and sensible decisions, I think City can deliver both. Or I hope they can?
I still don't understand why you think corporate/hospitality means less atmosphere, that's not always the case.

Sections like the Wembley club are a joke but in my experience a lot of the corporate section of grounds have plenty of atmosphere, and if someone wants a nice bar to go into before and at half time , have a drink and a bite to eat, I am not sure you or me has any right to tell them different or to say they will not add to the atmosphere.

And by the way, this is nothing personal to you, your contributions on this thread are superb and I very much appreciate the photo's you post.

And top CEOs, don't forget.

All true mate. Can't argue with you. But at least they are improving the atmosphere. And are working with their fans to do that. What are we doing? (behind the scenes)

It's reached a point where I'm not bothered about revenues anymore. As a club we're up with the likes of there Real Madrid, PSG, etc. And beating other clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, etc. The revenues are only going one way and that's up. The vast majority of us are going to pay whatever we have to pay to watch Pep and his trophy winning teams. I've accepted that a long time ago. Revenue to me is done and dusted. Improving the atmosphere at the Etihad isn't done and dusted. It will be done and dusted when the North stand is built, and how the club plan it, configure it, and implement it. Only then will we find out if the atmosphere at the Etihad has improved. That's all I and other City fans want out of the new North stand.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how worried are you that they won't? I don't mean to labour this point as we have discussed it to death, but you really seem concerned regardless of other different takes on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.