North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Just filled in the 1894 questionnaire. I don’t often check my emails.

Had to crop the screen grabs to get all the questions in the post.

Even though I have said I’m staying in SSL1, I would rethink that decision if NSL2 had safe standing/rail seating, a singing section, and confirmation from the club that they intend to create a genuine atmospheric home end.(question 6)

2149-EE32-C641-42-D3-BB28-B29-E5-AFFD6-CD.jpg

D6-F330-D5-38-A1-4-BAC-9-A7-E-81532-A1-DDA2-A.jpg

17-A581-E7-C393-4-F78-96-D6-E6-C9-D8-AE47-DB.jpg

View attachment 116811
As the questionnaire is only for 1894 members, I would have thought it obvious how they would respond to pretty much all questions. Therefore a bit pointless.

As the questionnaire is only for 1894 members, I would have thought it obvious how they would respond to pretty much all questions. Therefore a bit pointless.

That’s it, a bit more negativity towards 1894. Fantastic! Sometimes I wonder why those lads bother.

Why is it pointless? I think you’ll find a lot of City fans who aren’t 1894 members would vote in a similar way to what 1894 members have voted. As I don’t have access to the questionnaire results, I don’t know what the final results of the questionnaire were. Why wouldn’t ‘you’ want those things for the new North stand home end?

That’s it, a bit more negativity towards 1894. Fantastic! Sometimes I wonder why those lads bother.

Why is it pointless? I think you’ll find a lot of City fans who aren’t 1894 members would vote in a similar way to what 1894 members have voted. As I don’t have access to the questionnaire results, I don’t know what the final results of the questionnaire were. Why wouldn’t ‘you’ want those things for the new North stand home end?
I would imagine all members of 1894 would want those same things and therefore would vote the same way. That's why I thought it a bit pointless.

I'm not trying to be negative to 1894 (as I'd probably vote the same way on most of the points) but they are a specific group that has specific priorities and on those questions there is likely to be popular agreement amongst the group. Other groups (families/elderly etc) might have different priorities.

I would imagine all members of 1894 would want those same things and therefore would vote the same way. That's why I thought it a bit pointless.

I'm not trying to be negative to 1894 (as I'd probably vote the same way on most of the points) but they are a specific group that has specific priorities and on those questions there is likely to be popular agreement amongst the group. Other groups (families/elderly etc) might have different priorities.

You don’t know. I don’t know. Maybe 1894 will share the vote details with us? 1894 have to take something tangible to the club that shows the club what the majority of 1894 members/City fans want for the North stand home end. They can’t say to the club X amount of City fans want this for the North stand home end without proof.

1894 campaign across the board for things that effect City fans. Thet don’t just campaign and focus on trying to create a better atmosphere.

The different City Matters Rep are in more of a position to campaign and lobby the club on wider issues and specific issues that effect the City fan base.

They all represent the fans as best they can. Without them the fans would have no voice at all.

You don’t know. I don’t know. Maybe 1894 will share the vote details with us? 1894 have to take something tangible to the club that shows the club what the majority of 1894 members/City fans want for the North stand home end. They can’t say to the club X amount of City fans want this for the North stand home end without proof.

1894 campaign across the board for things that effect City fans. Thet don’t just campaign and focus on trying to create a better atmosphere.

The different City Matters Rep are in more of a position to campaign and lobby the club on wider issues and specific issues that effect the City fan base.

They all represent the fans as best they can. Without them the fans would have no voice at all.

Do you think the club don't know what fans want, and need 1894 to tell them?

(Not flippant)

All this talk of naming all four sides of the Etihad has got me wondering what the name of each side/stand would be now if City's ground had always been where the Etihad is now and we'd moved straight there from Hyde Road in the 1920s. Been looking at some old maps of east Manchester for a bit of inspiration.

The stadium would probably be called Bradford Park or Miles Platting Field instead. The North Stand could be called the Bradford Road End; the Colin Bell/West Stand would probably be called the Holt Stand (named after Holt Town); the East Stand could be called the Forge (named after Forge Lane); the South Stand would probably be just known as the Scoreboard End or South Stand.

Used a generic FIFA stadium for the "diagram".

View attachment 116799
Dread to think what it would look like now if Peter Swales had got his hands on it

(Not flippant)
My problem is 1894 do not have enough active members to be representing supporters.

I saw a post the other day where they were acting on a poll of 300 responses ! 300 !!! that cannot possibly be a enough to be representing supporters in meetings with the club.

There is no alternative with fans groups - but 40k seasoncard holders should be voting - not a group with a few hundred active members

(Not flippant)

The club definitely do know what the fans want. I hope they do? 1894 don’t need to tell the club what the fans want. But it doesn’t do any harm to reiterate what the fans want via a fan questionnaire and face to face discussions between the club and 1894, along with other fan groups and fan representatives.

Just filled in the 1894 questionnaire. I don’t often check my emails.

Had to crop the screen grabs to get all the questions in the post.

Even though I have said I’m staying in SSL1, I would rethink that decision if NSL2 had safe standing/rail seating, a singing section, and confirmation from the club that they intend to create a genuine atmospheric home end.(question 6)

2149-EE32-C641-42-D3-BB28-B29-E5-AFFD6-CD.jpg

D6-F330-D5-38-A1-4-BAC-9-A7-E-81532-A1-DDA2-A.jpg

17-A581-E7-C393-4-F78-96-D6-E6-C9-D8-AE47-DB.jpg

View attachment 116811
Really good questionnaire, straight to the point

The club definitely do know what the fans want. I hope they do? 1894 don’t need to tell the club what the fans want. But it doesn’t do any harm to reiterate what the fans want via a fan questionnaire and face to face discussions between the club and 1894, along with other fan groups and fan representatives.

In fairness, I thought they were out to get more clarity and information on what the club are thinking, that doesn't come across in what is publicly available. Rather than try push what they want or think most fans want (even if they are right).

I imagine most of us know the main things the fans want, as do the club.

What none of us know is how the club are planning on delivering it. That's the more pertinent and interesting part of the discussions imo. And your questions you put up here were spot on, as part of that.

The questionnaire has a place and all, but hopefully it doesn't distract from hearing out what the club may want to say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.