North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

lol, you couldn’t be further off the mark saying this to Alex!
He is, by some margin, the best CM rep we've had, but if as many of us suspect, the whole thing is a box ticking exercise by the club, then the best thing the reps could do is resign en masse.

The message to the club would be clear; take the fan base seriously or we won't engage with you on your terms.

I supposed what's required is a group like Liverpool's 'Spirit of Shankly' which seems to be independent of the football club but genuinely represents the fans' best interest. As a result it is able to bring pressure on the club while not being beholden to it. I think Celtic have something similar.

Obviously this requires a lot more energy than a keyboard warrior like me could ever muster. But City fans need to understand and recognize that we are the club, and while we will always be grateful to the Sheik and his team, they need to stop taking us for granted and sometimes take our side.

Ok, is it realistic?

My point being more that, according to that, the GA+ will generate only an extra 388k a season. Which is peanuts in the grand scheme of things. And as I previously mused, imo the club are not doing it for the money as such, but for a possible number of other reasons.
Based on current prices in the most similar areas and the indication it won't be budget like SS3.

The club is split into different businesses in effect, the fact the entire club make £100m, £1b or lose money, doesn't impact of the decisions of those maximising ticket revenue as their job. Things like reclassifying the North stand lower corner blocks as East and West was very petty, earnt the club a few quid, but really cost the fans a lot more relatively.

I know lower tier is high demand from those who buy offsite hospitality and tourists, and can see more fans pushed to the third tiers if this demand increases. It just depends how long City and football remain fashionable.

That seems a lot compared to the price of seating at the top of SSL3
Not really. Rows A-K in SS3 are £745 full adult price. As the new NS will be level 2 (albeit a huge one) and have vastly better facilities than the basic as it gets SS3 then £800 would be a great price towards the back. The middle and back of SS3 are the cheap areas and I can't see that the club will be offering anything like those prices in NS2

Don't disagree with any of that. But you do underestimate how easy it is to change to safe standing, once the concourses, access, toilets etc can take the volume. And the way these are done the seats, even the GA+ ones, are spaced exactly the same as the typical standing pods.

You are right, better all done at once, but I would bet when the club think there is a need for it, they will do it, the fact they recently installed seats won't even cross their mind.

There's need for it now, mate. We would easily fill 8000 safe standing seats. I'd even take 4000 or 3000 safe standing seats across the back of NSL2 as a compromise. That way the club could retain the GA+ seats, which I'd rather they didn't, the ambulant seats, and the more expensive seats between the front and middle of NSL2. I'm still hopeful the club will compromise on the seating layout on NSL2 and include safe standing seats. If they don't I will be very disappointed, but not surprised.

There's need for it now, mate. We would easily fill 8000 safe standing seats. I'd even take 4000 or 3000 safe standing seats across the back of NSL2 as a compromise. That way the club could retain the GA+ seats, which I'd rather they didn't, the ambulant seats, and the more expensive seats between the front and middle of NSL2. I'm still hopeful the club will compromise on the seating layout on NSL2 and include safe standing seats. If they don't I will be very disappointed, but not surprised.
You may be right, but I'm not totally convinced there is at the moment demand for 8000 safe standing seats. Thats about 1 in 5 of current S/C holders, do you think 1 in 5 would want to stand ? Seems a bit high to me.

You may be right, but I'm not totally convinced there is at the moment demand for 8000 safe standing seats. Thats about 1 in 5 of current S/C holders, do you think 1 in 5 would want to stand ? Seems a bit high to me.
The only way 8000 safe standing seats could be filled would be if every currently in one moved and new SCs were issued on the basis that it's safe standing. That would leave all the current safe standing area vacant and requiring filling.

I can't imagine that 8000 existing SC holders would move for that offer at all. There are a significant proportion of older supporters like me who would only move if their current seats became safe standing and then to a seated area.

Cpoverview.

Great updates

If possible, on your next update, can you have a low look around the porta cabins and fenced off holding areas to see if the exterior cladding mockup is up yet?

Thanks
Some major progress going on, it also shows the sheer scale of the expansion.

This mornings latest Recording

Very informative thanks.

You were asking the other week what else people would like to see especially.

As well as the building updates a few months ago you had a quick look at a semi disused railway line , could you have a slightly wider pan round to see if we can work out it's route just to see the possibilities.
Another thing that's hard to tell with the naked eye is the rough ground to the right of the blue car park as you look towards the ground ,think it has a bit of a drop might be interesting to fly over thar and see what the possibilities were for linking up with any roads exits oe even an extra link etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.