North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

And still no sign of our mock-up panel!

But then, they have long breached the shit out of that condition, so probably doesn't matter now whether it happens tomorrow or a year from tomorrow.

I know! As I said around our initial chat on this months ago, I'm sure they'll have had a fair few discussions regarding materials and their application through the pre-app process even via images and brochures. No one wants to give the Council the ability to scrutinise to such an extent that you're having to make substantial changes. Lead-in times/cost/detailing all need to be fixed as early as possible so I still think the sample panels are a matter of "come and see how good it will look" more than "what do you think of this?" Can't be far off either way.

I don't really want to talk about breaching conditions as got a little bit of heat for that myself with work at the moment!!!

I know! As I said around our initial chat on this months ago, I'm sure they'll have had a fair few discussions regarding materials and their application through the pre-app process even via images and brochures. No one wants to give the Council the ability to scrutinise to such an extent that you're having to make substantial changes. Lead-in times/cost/detailing all need to be fixed as early as possible so I still think the sample panels are a matter of "come and see how good it will look" more than "what do you think of this?" Can't be far off either way.

I don't really want to talk about breaching conditions as got a little bit of heat for that myself with work at the moment!!!

Yes and no mate. You would be surprised. All depends on the who and where I guess.

In terms of timing though, the exact same dance, every single time without fail. It is probably my favourite condition. And also one that probably annoys me the most lol.

Yes and no mate. You would be surprised. All depends on the who and where I guess.

In terms of timing though, the exact same dance, every single time without fail. It is probably my favourite condition. And also one that probably annoys me the most lol.

I've felt from day 1 that there wouldn't be too much resistance from the Council on what City propose here. It's further investment in Manchester, there's a positive working relationship and unlike city centre schemes where you have conservation areas/listed buildings/daylight and sunlight assessments and right to light issues amongst other things, you're not really impacting anything out at the Etihad. Whether it's a certain architectural detailing or not doesn't matter to the same extent and the surrounding area isn't going to force you down a certain path.

I'm interested just to get more insight into how it's going to look - we might see the finished article before we see a panel at this rate!

I've felt from day 1 that there wouldn't be too much resistance from the Council on what City propose here. It's further investment in Manchester, there's a positive working relationship and unlike city centre schemes where you have conservation areas/listed buildings/daylight and sunlight assessments and right to light issues amongst other things, you're not really impacting anything out at the Etihad. Whether it's a certain architectural detailing or not doesn't matter to the same extent and the surrounding area isn't going to force you down a certain path.

I'm interested just to get more insight into how it's going to look - we might see the finished article before we see a panel at this rate!

Yeah agree on all that. I was saying that bit more generally, rather than on this one in particular.

They obviously have the comfort of the approval itself, and any discussions that have happened around that.

It is not just the planners though, that is often the point where a clinet signs it off too.

Like you, more interested in seeing it than suggesting anything needs changed.

dafd55c8c42044e321fd934298688b25.jpg

Posted by @alex_mcfc on x

I really hope the club have the foresight to document the lifting out of the pier (or the final piece of the pier depending on how they do it). A real piece of history to record.

Chances are CP will catch some stage of one of them, but even for themselves and for future exhibitions etc, it is imo a worthwhile moment to capture.

Are we expecting the stand to open in stages or will it have to be fully completed?

The stand itself should open fully for 25/26 season.

The rest, i.e hotel, office and the square and everything onto it, in stages for the following season.

Been watching the drone videos over the last few months (bloody good) and it’s mad the progress that has been made the last few months.

The Hotel in particular seems to of shot up, going to look absolutely amazing once it’s all done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.