North Stand Expansion

At around 7.40 and 8.50 you see guys really trying to get underneath the steel beams of the clamp between the platform to reach the top of the pier. From both sides. One looks like he has a chain he is trying to move. Shows how really tight it is. Edit. They are definitely trying to loop a chain around it and thread it through.

Last edited:
At around 7.40 and 8.50 you see guys really trying to get underneath the steel beams of the clamp between the platform to reach the top of the pier. From both sides. One looks like he has a chain he is trying to move. Shows how really tight it is. Edit. They are definitely trying to loop a chain around it and thread it through.
Around 7.30 you can just catch some sparks from a oxy acetylene torch

Around 7.30 you can just catch some sparks from a oxy acetylene torch

In the same area? Not spotted it but watching on my phone rather than pc screen. From 7.40 on, you can clearly see them trying to rod a chain under the 'head' around the base of the old anchor junction. And if you look above it, the top of it is already hooked to the temporary lifting beam above. The crane line is exactly over it. Then it unfortunately pans out, but you see it again a minute later when you come back to it, the guy on the other side is loooping it back.

I recon they are getting it all tied up for chop and remove. At least of the top piece. Still can't see what if anything is propping the rest of the pier though, but should become clear once any one part is moved out the way.

I know it is hard to see on a wee screen particularly in bad weather, but if you do happen to spot focused activity like that in key areas, might not hurt to linger a bit on it, could make it more interesting. Particularly if younare fortunate enough to catch them moving the pier. Which I appreciate will be a longer operation than one flyaround can catch.

Great stuff though, really really good to have such regular updates to see so often, really appreciated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.