North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Hopefully the new upper section is all safe standing with 1894 group able to arrange to have a block bang in the middle. The worst case scenario would be if they had safe standing in the lower section and then the new expanded tier was all seating since this would waste the potential of having an enlarged section where singers can all group together.

There should be no electronic advertising boards along the front of the new tier so that banners can be hung down.

I think it looks class.

From other angles you'd still get the bowl aesthetic and then heading towards the South Stand you get a huge area for retail/hospitality to create a fan zone.

The 2tier stand looks absolutely monstrous. Exactly what we have wanted and called for. They've managed to create two distinct areas which means on non-footballing days you are in a purpose built leisure area and on football days you've got that plus a superb stadium to enjoy.

I work in planning so used to these conceptual images, it's just to pretend things aren't set in stone yet so people don't get too angry at things. The CGI's show the quality of it.

Looks like we are moving more towards an American/NFL exterior stadia structure, three sides differing from a central focal point building.

Nice.

I've replied and left my comments as I did with the council one a few days ago pushing the shite transport and parking issues.

I wonder if those square designs will be similar to coop live and later we will see black / grey panels with the pale blue led all around the stadium so both Arena and stadium have a similar look and feel closely aligned ?

Are the public transport links from the stadium really so terrible? I've always just accepted that if you're leaving a stadium with 40k of other people that you're going to have to wait a bit for public transport. I'd like and appreciate more of them, of course, and anything the club can do to improve things would be appreciated, but they've never seemed much worse than any other major stadium in the UK.

I wonder if those square designs will be similar to coop live and later we will see black / grey panels with the pale blue led all around the stadium so both Arena and stadium have a similar look and feel closely aligned ?

The final design might tell us a lot about how the final stadium will look after they do the sides years from now.

Yes, I asked something similar above. You'd imagine they would use this as an opportunity to clean up and tidy the outside of the stadium, right?

Wasn’t there a rumour that we’d bought the land Asda is on with the eventuality we relocate them to ancoats, turning the land into parking?

A few years back I’d heard/read that. Nothing has been built where the old Argos was in ancoats…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.