North Stand Expansion

manchester-city-away-authentic-shirt-2022-23-with-de-bruyne-17-printing_ss4_p-13333497+pv-1+u-rye8gr0wek8d3diqdotn+v-8b4b488810ee45539b20ca532a5fa44f.jpg
Pedant !!

Call me nieve, foolish, enthusiastic, whatever you want, but I had visions of this or something similar, but on a smaller scale, on NSL2.

View attachment 76108
Yes, this is what I was thinking. I was thinking that it would be exactly like our current SSL1, times five. A proper vocal stand.

There’s no hospitality in SSL1 now, because it’s the vocal stand. There is plenty of space all around the rest of the stadium to increase hospitality. It doesn’t need to be front and centre in the new vocal stand.

Spin? I am not spinning anything and if you think you are going to fill those seats week in week out with "singers" think again, ain't happening, the game has moved on and changed.

Tourists, casuals call it what you want but that's become modern football, I don't like it but if you want a club competing for the major titles, with elite players and management, tourists, casuals and corporate it has to be.
Not on the front rows of the vocal stand it doesn’t.

City could horse-shoe the entire rest of Level 2 in the East, South and Colin Bell stands to increase hospitality and leave the new NSL2 alone and create something special in terms of a vocal stand.

It really doesn’t have to be, and shouldn’t be there.

I used to want things my own way but then I grew up
So why did the club invite the 1894 lads down and ask them what they wanted? Why did the club put out surveys to fans and ask them what they wanted? Why did the club give us all the impression that this was going to be a vocal stand where we would just replicate SSL1 on a grander scale, only to then put plans out with hospitality on the front rows and not have safe standing?

I think you might be pleasantly surprised ;-). I suspect anyone who chooses to move there will know what is expected and will be totally up for it. Otherwise they may as well stay where they are.
I agree mate. People moving there and paying plenty for tickets will want to get behind the Blues.

That said, corporate blocks in the “atmosphere end” wouldn’t be ideal so why don’t those lobbying against this demonstrate to Danny Wilson and Co that there are enough singers to fill the end. So far the arguments seem to be more about throwing very cheap tickets at younger fans in the hope they they will create a racket.

I really want the expanded North Stand to work but it’s going to take effort to get there.

City could horse-shoe the entire rest of Level 2 in the East, South and Colin Bell stands to increase hospitality and leave the new NSL2 alone and create something special in terms of a vocal stand.

Probably true mate but the people who sit in the expensive seats in Level 2 would have get behind the lads louder than the singing section at Wembley yesterday. Thank goodness there were Bkues on the upper tier who kept trying to get songs going.

If enough fans were serious about improving the atmosphere we would have a decent Mahrez song. The lad created history yesterday.

600 seats out of 7000 extras, get a grip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.