North Stand Construction Discussion

I agree mate. People moving there and paying plenty for tickets will want to get behind the Blues.

That said, corporate blocks in the “atmosphere end” wouldn’t be ideal so why don’t those lobbying against this demonstrate to Danny Wilson and Co that there are enough singers to fill the end. So far the arguments seem to be more about throwing very cheap tickets at younger fans in the hope they they will create a racket.

I really want the expanded North Stand to work but it’s going to take effort to get there.
Again the days of hostile atmosphere's have gone in the majority, there will be occasions when it does happen like the Bayern game, Arsenal this coming week but in the main those days have gone not just with us but at all stadiums, society has changed.

The derby atmosphere is a dam squib compared the the agro and hostility of the70s and 80s and sadly it's not going to return.

Even songs that are deemed remotley offensive are now derided.

600 seats out of 7000 extras, get a grip.

Apart from the amount of seats, which is 100 seats less than block 115, which is the official singing section, it’s the location of the seats. The front and centre 11 rows of NSL2.

Which other football club gives those kind of seats or safe standing seats in their home end to hospitality?

You know exactly what the issue is. It’s been pointed out and discussed continually since the planning application became available to view on the planning portal.

Apart from the amount of seats, which is 100 seats less than block 115, which is the official singing section, it’s the location of the seats. The front and centre 11 rows of NSL2.

Which other football club gives those kind of seats or safe standing seats in their home end to hospitality?

You know exactly what the issue is. It’s been pointed out and discussed continually since the planning application became available to view on the planning portal.
Hospitality and corporate are two very different things, would you agree?

Some in that stand would like there own bar/restaurant to enjoy pre and post match but would just contribute as much to the atmosphere as the regular fans!

It’s not 600 hospitality seats. It’s 648 hospitality seats. And if we’re being really persnickety about the proposed hospitality numbers in the North stand expansion, it’s 1224 seats.

Front 648 seats.
Back 120 suites.(seats)
Sky Bar 456 seats

Safe standing is listed as an ‘option’.

CEA5744-C-E59-E-4524-B9-DC-8-ED52-CCD2-A64.png

That aside, there are already 13 hospitality venues inside the stadium. (and 5 hospitality venues offsite)

Last edited:
If enough fans were serious about improving the atmosphere we would have a decent Mahrez song. The lad created history yesterday.

'For fuck's SAAKE
On the open wiiings
just learn to try again
when you miss the penaltyyy'

Hospitality and corporate are two very different things, would you agree?

Some in that stand would like there own bar/restaurant to enjoy pre and post match but would just contribute as much to the atmosphere as the regular fans!

I’ve always worded that as a hospitality area.

We‘ve discussed the fans in the hospitality area at length. Or have tried to.

I’ve accepted there will be fans in the hospitality area who will sing, stand up and support the team.

There will also be fans in the hospitality area who won’t stand up, won’t sing, and will want to watch the match sat down on the padded seats without being interrupted by fans next to them or close to them persistently standing up and singing.

In a safe standing singing section you know what to expect. That’s why people who want to watch the match, and seated, don’t go into the safe standing section.

To try and mix and merge the 2 doesn’t make sense and it will cause problems in what is supposed to be a vocal home end.

I’ve always worded that as a hospitality area.

We‘ve discussed the fans in the hospitality area at length. Or tried to.

I’ve accepted there will be fans in the hospitality area who will sing, stand up, and support the team.

There will be fans in the hospitality area who won’t stand up, won’t sing, and will want to watch the match sat down on the padded seats without being interrupted by fans next to them or close to the persistently standing up and singing.
But the fact remains there are 100s of 'ordinary fans" who do the same, stay in the concourses for long period's happy to have a pint etc or spend the whole came looking at their phones, what's the difference?

The club has to cater for all.

Take the hospitality issue out if this.

The first 11 rows, 648 seats, are not being made GA. So the fans who have always sat on the first 11 rows on NSL2 will be forced to move.(unless they buy a hospitality season ticket)

That wasn’t communicated by the club to those fans who will be effected during the fan consultation.

Do you know that for a fact? I'm genuinely asking, rather than arguing. After all then diagram does say Hospitality/GA.

I get it, the fact there is a direct link to a bar behind it would indeed suggest what you are saying and is likely true. But does anyone know the intention for sure, has it been discussed with the club since? And what's to say that can't change or apply differently in different scenarios.

But the fact remains there are 100s of 'ordinary fans" who do the same, stay in the concourses for long period's happy to have a pint etc or spend the whole came looking at their phones, what's the difference?

The club has to cater for all.

To try and mix and merge the 2 doesn’t make sense and it will cause problems in what is supposed to be a vocal home end. (regardless of when people leave and come back to their seats)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.