North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Great find. It is such a common thing, that I quite often wonder why a condition like that is even noted as pre-commencement rather than pre-installation, by default.

That aside, the programme included for the installation of the mock-up is by Sisk, so they may be more advanced with them than we all think.

It is still including a broader commencement date of late October, so there doesn't seem to be much of a planned shift as of yet. The facade mock-up would be ready on site around April, so that will be the time to look at it, so will hold off comments on it just now.

edit, the 'mock-up' on there is just the extents, presumably to agree the size of the real life one that will be installed for inspection. Rather than to approve it off the back of that.

That NMA has been approved now, so we'll probably see an application to discharge the re-worded condition fairly soon hopefully giving some images/brochures to support the panels.

I'm in 115 front row. I'll be staying there unless cheaper in North Stand

And this is why I'm not sure we'll see a home end from these proposals.

I can't see why the club would want to offer cheap tickets at this side of the ground. Get your day trippers and tourists in there with their citizens membership - get them funnelling through the new club shop, the museum, staying in the hotel and spending hours in the fanzone parting with a good few hundred quid each matchday. Keep the old school City fans the other side of the ground where they'll spend £20 on beer and food and watch 70 minutes of the game ;)

I think to move existing season ticket holders from their present locations and into North Stand level 2 they need to

- Ensure the whole of tier 2 is safe standing
- Make sure the spaces at the front of tier 2 aren’t proper corporate and are instead just ‘premium safe standing’ for those that just want something extra.
- Create an emotional hook. Call this thing ‘The Kippax’ or something with a link to our past and loads of people will want to be part of it. Make it sound like the place to be.
- Priced in a reasonably attractive way.
- A cool bar area like in SSL1. Sounds like this will happen.

Last edited:

I can't see why the club would want to offer cheap tickets at this side of the ground. Get your day trippers and tourists in there with their citizens membership - get them funnelling through the new club shop, the museum, staying in the hotel and spending hours in the fanzone parting with a good few hundred quid each matchday. Keep the old school City fans the other side of the ground where they'll spend £20 on beer and food and watch 70 minutes of the game ;)

It begs the question then of what exactly the point is of having an expanded 2nd tier. They might as well have just copied the South Stand.

Reactions: nmc
That NMA has been approved now, so we'll probably see an application to discharge the re-worded condition fairly soon hopefully giving some images/brochures to support the panels.

I imagine it will be April time or so, as outlined in the NMA. A physical built real size panel on site per the submitted mock-up drawing.

They won't discharge it without seeing that, so I would think there wouldn't be much point submitting brochures /images before then. But if happens sooner I'm sure it will get picked up here.

I imagine it will be April time or so, as outlined in the NMA. A physical built real size panel on site per the submitted mock-up drawing.

They won't discharge it without seeing that, so I would think there wouldn't be much point submitting brochures /images before then. But if happens sooner I'm sure it will get picked up here.

Are we talking about panels which would be attached to the steel structure?

The entire expansion seems to be catered towards tourists/ day trippers/ corporates and making as much money as possible, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that happened.

This is it he one chance we have to create a home end as well.

Don’t know. Had seen the panel application.

Would think you’re right.

They applied to delay the discharge of those two conditions, to allow construction while the panels are built/produced. Included a programme for their installation, around April time (by which point there will be steelwork up as you say). They may drip feed images and brochures in the interim, but ultimately it won't get discharged till Planners see it physically up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.