North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

The entire expansion seems to be catered towards tourists/ day trippers/ corporates and making as much money as possible, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that happened.

This is it he one chance we have to create a home end as well.

I would say that is over egging it a bit. There's definitely a push for hospitality and corporate. But to say the entire expansion is catered towards tourists and day trippers is a bit of a leap. With only circa what 15% of the new stand being that.

Last edited:
I think to move existing season ticket holders from their present locations and into North Stand level 2 they need to

- Ensure the whole of tier 2 is safe standing
- Make sure the spaces at the front of tier 2 aren’t proper corporate and are instead just ‘premium safe standing’ for those that just want something extra.
- Create an emotional hook. Call this thing ‘The Kippax’ or something with a link to our past and loads of people will want to be part of it. Make it sound like the place to be.
- Priced in a reasonably attractive way.
- A cool bar area like in SSL1. Sounds like this will happen.
And most importantly actually coordinate with 1894 and other fan groups.

I imagine it will be April time or so, as outlined in the NMA. A physical built real size panel on site per the submitted mock-up drawing.

They won't discharge it without seeing that, so I would think there wouldn't be much point submitting brochures /images before then. But if happens sooner I'm sure it will get picked up here.

They wont discharge it until they've seen the panel on site, but it's an 8 week statutory period to discharge a condition and the wording requires it to be approved prior to above ground development now. It requires all external materials to be approved, including jointing and fixing details. So they'll submit technical drawings, some samples to the Council and I'd imagine they piece together a materials document which provides examples of what they're proposing and precedent imagery. The sample on site is the final approval mechanism, but with lead-in times they'll want comfort as soon as possible so they can place orders.

I think to move existing season ticket holders from their present locations and into North Stand level 2 they need to

- Make sure the spaces at the front of tier 2 aren’t proper corporate and are instead just ‘premium safe standing’ for those that just want something extra.
- Create an emotional hook. Call this thing ‘The Kippax’ or something with a link to our past and loads of people will want to be part of it. Make it sound like the place to be.

I hope that's what happens, and referencing my other post you replied to - I hope I'm wrong! I would love it to form a new home end and genuinely be something the club seeks to provide. The number of times Pep has called on fans for big home games, the number of times we've stepped up and the fact the Etihad is one of the toughest places to play - they must see the value in terms of results on the pitch, in creating a hostile atmosphere. And by boosting the overall capacity there are plenty of other places to boost revenue. The whole campus will ideally become a place people head to early and stay in later so revenues will grow dramatically as a result.

Well said @HelloCity ,we need at @Manchester33 and the City Matters reps to confirm this , as still to this date we not heard anything about a meeting with the 1894 and Danny Wilson

They wont discharge it until they've seen the panel on site, but it's an 8 week statutory period to discharge a condition and the wording requires it to be approved prior to above ground development now. It requires all external materials to be approved, including jointing and fixing details. So they'll submit technical drawings, some samples to the Council and I'd imagine they piece together a materials document which provides examples of what they're proposing and precedent imagery. The sample on site is the final approval mechanism, but with lead-in times they'll want comfort as soon as possible so they can place orders.

Chances are they are already procuring it. And they know when they can put it up, based on that. What they submit in the meantime wouldn't make that much of a difference overall, and with 56 other conditions to discharge my guess would be they'll focus elsewhere till then. But throughout this they seemed to have regular engagement with the Planners, so maybe. We'll both watch it im sure.

I would say that is over egging it a bit. There's definitely a push for hospitality and corporate. But to say the entire expansion is catered towards tourists and day trippers is a bit of a leap. With only circa what 15% of the new stand being that.

I probably am exaggerating it, but it sure as feels like it. the major announcements around the expansion have been about the hotel, new bar and food outlets, the sky bar and the corporate light tickets in the middle of what most people thought would be a home end.

Obviously not all of it is, but a large part of it is geared towards making as much money as possible.

I just want to see a proper home end, with no corporate seats in the middle and reasonable pricing. I don’t care about the corporate element of it, but Im probably not the target audience. There shouldn’t be any corporate/ joe light areas in the main tier.

I think it’s a huge missed opportunity if we don’t make it a home end.

Maybe, but then the major announcements around the expansion have been about the hotel, new bar and food outlets, the sky bar and the corporate light tickets in the middle of what most people thought would be a home end.

Obviously not all of it is, but a large part of it is geared towards making as much money as possible.

I just want to see a proper home end, with no corporate seats in the middle and reasonable pricing. I don’t care about the corporate element of it, but Im probably not the target audience. There shouldn’t be any corporate/ joe light areas in the main tier

All true, but hotels and f&b offerings are always amongst prime development, and the group invest in all sorts in a whole bunch of places. It will without doubt generate a lot of income, both for them and the club. Don't think it will meaningfully change who attends or how, nor do I think itnis built with that in mind.

Happy to disagree on this one, that's how I see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.