North Stand Level 2 Stewards

Amigo

Ok, I've seen a lot of threads regarding MCFC stewards, and none have been too positive. I've never really commented as they haven't involved me but this really got on my nerves.

You ALL will be aware of the "Big Mal" spelled out across the 6 blocks of the family stand, and due to my age and the fact that it is a £95 season ticket, me and my dad sit there, Block 234, on the last row (on the left if looking from the SS), the one with a big "B" on it. I'm aware that the family stand is mainly kids, and I think it was brilliant what the club did today. The service was impeccable, surreal, I never saw Malcolm Allison at city, but it was emotional for me. For my dad who did see him, it really moved him.

If your not aware of what happened with the cards spelling out "Big Mal," these clap-banners or something, what Fulham have, were placed on seats, you hold them up then make noise with them for the remainder of the match. Great idea for the family stand - about 40% of which is kids, predominantly younger ones. I got into the ground fairly early, saw the memorial service, layed a flower for Mal at the memorial garden and went in, saw the banners, looked quite good and read the programme.

I saw about 3 kids in the block next to me (with no banners) who were running back and forth with banners, many of which were the darker ones, so, I figured that I'd have a chat with the steward, a regular one who is always friendly enough and just pointed out that this could leave huge gaps in the tribute and could be quite bad, so I just asked if he could keep an eye out for kids doing it, I appreciated they were young, but they're 6, they don't need 8 of them for them and their brother.

Anyway, it kept continuing and I had another chat, and then when my dad came down he noticed it too and he came down. At this point the stadium was filling up and a lot of children in the 3 blocks were coming down, seeing they were one of the few who had no banners. I saw a couple more people going up to the steward. Still nothing. By the time the minutes applause came round, I looked to my right hand side and saw about 20 people clapping with hand clappers, and some even holding them up.

So, I was just wondering how the tribute looked, were they're huge gaps or am I just a freak with OCD problems?

Ok, sorry if it's long winded and a bit wierd, but I'm 14 FFS,
The problem I've got is with the stewards, I see huge amounts of complaints here, and now I've seen "retarted stewarding," as it has been called, in action, and I am just wondering why the club employ people to steward the matches when they are not up to the job.

Sorry. Rant Over. Tin Hat yada yada yada

MCFC BOB said:
They were just an annoyance after the kick-off.

I also sit in 234. My cousin took home three dark ones and three sky blue ones. It was so annoying.

Where abouts in 234?

Maybe the tribute was lost by putting them in the family stand in the first place.
It is pretty obvious kids will be kids and probably to young to know what they were for anyway.
I sit in NS L2 block 241 with my lad (above corner flag) and looking across could just see sky blue cards.

In my opinion the tribute should have been done in the East Stand (predominantly adults) where TV Cameras would have shown it in full view.

yellamcfc said:
Maybe the tribute was lost by putting them in the family stand in the first place.
It is pretty obvious kids will be kids and probably to young to know what they were for anyway.
I sit in NS L2 block 241 with my lad (above corner flag) and looking across could just see sky blue cards.

In my opinion the tribute should have been done in the East Stand (predominantly adults) where TV Cameras would have shown it in full view.

I get where you're coming from but I think the way they did the tribute was also to have the clappers and to make atmosphere, and what was usually a silent section of the ground had a bit of noise from the clappers, and it really did get the atmosphere going. I do understand why it could have worked, but I feel that if it were to be implemented properly, and to it's full potential, it would have worked best in the North Stand.

Amigo said:
yellamcfc said:

I get where you're coming from but I think the way they did the tribute was also to have the clappers and to make atmosphere, and what was usually a silent section of the ground had a bit of noise from the clappers, and it really did get the atmosphere going. I do understand why it could have worked, but I feel that if it were to be implemented properly, and to it's full potential, it would have worked best in the North Stand.

You speak with a wise old head on your shoulders mate and I quite agree that the clappers were a good idea, but maybe they should have been kept all one colour for the family stand (to get the kids involved) although the "BIG MAL" would have looked great across the East Stand.

yellamcfc said:
Amigo said:

You speak with a wise old head on your shoulders mate and I quite agree that the clappers were a good idea, but maybe they should have been kept all one colour for the family stand (to get the kids involved) although the "BIG MAL" would have looked great across the East Stand.

I think that there is great arguments for them both, and it's opinion. I think that the logistics of the whole thing would have been a turning point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.