Northern Ireland.

Bill

just had a short break there, 5 days. always wanted to go but moreso as the Giants Causeway was on my bucket list. what a fantastic country it is. stunning scenery, great people and lots of good food to be had. after the causeway was done we called at Dunluce Castle, the rope bridge at Carrick-A-Rede and a day in Portrush, it was a real treat. we even managed to fit in a trip to the Titanic Museum. we did a lot in 5 days but would love to go back and see more of the place.

to top it all it was full of dippers, I was asked many times "how are you" I just said champion thanks, the scowls were beautiful :)

just had a short break there, 5 days. always wanted to go but moreso as the Giants Causeway was on my bucket list. what a fantastic country it is. stunning scenery, great people and lots of good food to be had. after the causeway was done we called at Dunluce Castle, the rope bridge at Carrick-A-Rede and a day in Portrush, it was a real treat. we even managed to fit in a trip to the Titanic Museum. we did a lot in 5 days but would love to go back and see more of the place.

to top it all it was full of dippers, I was asked many times "how are you" I just said champion thanks, the scowls were beautiful :)

Great to read that. Loved it meself there too when going over a few years back in August for a mate’s wedding. Drove round and couldn’t get over how deserted the roads seemed after being used to driving in the north west. That coastline is something else isn’t it? And that rope bridge isn’t for the faint hearted either.
They don’t like pints of bitter much over there, I do remember that as well!

Glad you enjoyed it Bill. NI has so much to offer for all the size of it. The scenery on the north coast, Mournes and Fermanagh is all a treat. The place is going through a real post troubles transition period for the better.

Small community of die hard blues here aswell!

We went earlier this year. First time for us. Great place and lovely people. Did the Causeway, but got the wee bus back up the hill! The one thing that really opened my eyes was the constant references to The Somme - street art, monuments! They are clearly proud of their part in that holocaust!

Thats really interesting Bill. We are just back yesterday from a 9 day tour of the 'south', Killarney, Kilkenny, Cork, Kerry, Co Clare, Westport and Leitrim and loved it so much we want to go back next year and take in NI and Co Donegal. Not so many dipper shirts down south, indeed the manager of the last hotel we stayed in (and watched the charity shield from) husband was a lifetime Blue.

Thats really interesting Bill. We are just back yesterday from a 9 day tour of the 'south', Killarney, Kilkenny, Cork, Kerry, Co Clare, Westport and Leitrim and loved it so much we want to go back next year and take in NI and Co Donegal. Not so many dipper shirts down south, indeed the manager of the last hotel we stayed in (and watched the charity shield from) husband was a lifetime Blue.
done the south a few times, never got up to the north, so glad I did. only had 5 days so didn't make Donegal. I will do my very best to do the whole island next.

i'd like another visit to the cliffs of Moher.

done the south a few times, never got up to the north, so glad I did. only had 5 days so didn't make Donegal. I will do my very best to do the whole island next.

i'd like another visit to the cliffs of Moher.
Its our first time other than Dublin and were blown away. We were very lucky with the weather so saw the cliffs at their very best. Awesome height and excellent visitor centre. If you visit again, I can recommend the Armada hotel down at Spanish Point which is about 20 mins drive. Rooms with fantastic views of the Ocean and great staff and a genuine irish pub attached (unusual in such a modern hotel).

If you’re doing NI in a campervan, there is a pub The Smugglers Inn within walking distance (for us) of Giants Causeway that will allow you to overnight in their car park if you have a few jars and a meal in the pub. Btw the Causeway is free, the National Trust charge is for parking only and it was like a zoo when we stopped by in July.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.