Northern Quarter - The Secret Door

IanBishopsHaircut said:
MCFCTrick said:
it didn't just begin when some flat cap wearing, beardy hipster opened a dank cellar flogging over priced bottles to the gullible and declared it 'trendy' .....

Is that not what this thread is about?
All the pubs he mentioned are in the Northern Quarter though, it's a big area. The trendy bars on and near Thomas Street are the ones we usually think of when you say NQ.

dronefromsector7g said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
MCFCTrick said:
it didn't just begin when some flat cap wearing, beardy hipster opened a dank cellar flogging over priced bottles to the gullible and declared it 'trendy' .....

All the pubs he mentioned are in the Northern Quarter though, it's a big area. The trendy bars on and near Thomas Street are the ones we usually think of when you say NQ.

Erm...you're talking like I don't know Manchester...I'm not a japanese tourist

IanBishopsHaircut said:
dronefromsector7g said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

Malaysian then?

strongbowholic said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
dronefromsector7g said:

Malaysian then?

I've got a decent chinese chippy down the road if that counts?

IanBishopsHaircut said:
MCFCTrick said:

Yes, it is, it's about the latest in a long line of shit bars to have opened there .... which is fine if you like them, but I was pointing out that those bars aren't what began the NQ for many .....

MCFCTrick said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
MCFCTrick said:

Yes, it is, it's about the latest in a long line of shit bars to have opened there .... which is fine if you like them, but I was pointing out that those bars aren't what began the NQ for many .....

I'm fully aware of every bar in the area and am old enough to remember what it was like before the hipsters moved in...the irony being I think your precious attitude to the area is somewhat NQ twattish in itself...

IanBishopsHaircut said:
MCFCTrick said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

I'm fully aware of every bar in the area and am old enough to remember what it was like before the hipsters moved in...the irony being I think your precious attitude to the area is somewhat NQ twattish in itself...

Ok, my bad .... you are right, Cord and Centro were the beginning of it all. Happy now?

MCFCTrick said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
MCFCTrick said:

Ok, my bad .... you are right, Cord and Centro were the beginning of it all. Happy now?

Dry aside...they were the beginning of it as a hipster area yes...I stand by that statement...all of the pubs you previously mentioned are just that...pubs which are in the same postcode

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.