Norwich A and Ipswich A - who was there?

Burnage Burnsy

I remember going to Ipswich on a Sunday then staying in Great Yarmouth on the Monday night (loads of blues there) then going to Norwich away on the Tuesday night.

Anybody else do this? Was a great few days. Circa 2000 I think.

A gang of us hired a boat on the Norfolk broads on the Friday/Saturday (??) ..... sailed to Gt Yarmouth and got the train to Ipswich and back again on the Sunday..... and then sailed all the way to Carrow road right outside the ground for the Tuesday game ...... arriving by boat ..... twas brilliant.

I watched the game and then flew by concord to botswana where i completed a marathon on my hands and the caught the spruce moose to carrow road where i watched from the ledge on the roof with my friend Bob

Burnage Burnsy said:
I remember going to Ipswich on a Sunday then staying in Great Yarmouth on the Monday night (loads of blues there) then going to Norwich away on the Tuesday night.

Anybody else do this? Was a great few days. Circa 2000 I think.

I did the same trip with a late departed friend and several others.

Yarmouth was a shithole. Probably still is!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I watched the game and then flew by concord to botswana where i completed a marathon on my hands and the caught the spruce moose to carrow road where i watched from the ledge on the roof with my friend Bob

Every credit, sounds like a good trip.

What time did you manage in the marathon?

Rammy Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Every credit, sounds like a good trip.

What time did you manage in the marathon?

57 minutes

Got train to Ipswich on the Saturday. Match was Sunday lunchtime which we lost. Remember David Johnson scoring for them.Then watched Europe lose Ryder Cup to USA in the hotel in the afternoon before going out on the piss.

Train to Norwich on the Monday, watched the Merseyside derby in the hotel that night before going out on the piss. I like Norwich, much nicer than Ipswich IMO. Then the Norwich match Tuesday night which we absolutely dominated but lost 1-0.

BL2blue said:
Got train to Ipswich on the Saturday. Match was Sunday lunchtime which we lost. Remember David Johnson scoring for them.Then watched Europe lose Ryder Cup to USA in the hotel in the afternoon before going out on the piss.

Train to Norwich on the Monday, watched the Merseyside derby in the hotel that night before going out on the piss. I like Norwich, much nicer than Ipswich IMO. Then the Norwich match Tuesday night which we absolutely dominated but lost 1-0.

Remember being on the front row at the Norwich match waving £20 notes at the linesman after he kept disallowing city goals for offside. Nearly got nicked.

We'd played Southampton away a few days before in the league cup, luckily work payed for my petrol then, must have done at least 1,000 miles in a week.

We played Ipswich and Norwich away within a few days of each other a couple of years earlier, Ipswich Tuesday or Wednesday and Norwich on the Friday. The IRA claimed they had placed bombs under motorway bridges, the police closed the motorways, took us 8 hours to get to Norwich for a nil-niller.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.