Norwich fan on the bus

rickyyt

Norwich fan on the bus top guy, said it was the best football he'd seen for a long time and was a pleasure to watch and glad he'd been at the game!

Fair play that.

I hope they stay up as usually they try to play footy, and Lambert has the skill as a manager. Today they set out for a draw and tbh i would have done the same.

+ i fucking love colemans english mustard

Delia was just down the row from us, she looked like she had enjoyed her day out.

Thought their fans were ok till I had a quck flick over to their forum vital Norwich. Full of bitters with comments about us buying goals today and calling us Mancheque book City. Full of whinging coonts!!

Ian said:
Thought their fans were ok till I had a quck flick over to their forum vital Norwich. Full of bitters with comments about us buying goals today and calling us Mancheque book City. Full of whinging coonts!!

A bit like the match thread on here then :-)

Ian said:

Internet forums aren't always the best place to go after a defeat. This place is similar if we lose.

There are a lot of football fans who will do this. Sometimes you have to acknowledge that you are playing a great team and just go along to watch the what you hope will be a great display of football from a highly talented side.

I remember going away to Arsenal a few years ago, I think it was the last year they played at Highbury, and that Arsenal side were magnificent. I went along in the full expectation that we would lose, but hoping that if we did I would see a good display by Arsenal. In the end we lost a hard fought match 2-1, Anelka scored for us, but I wasn't too upset as watching the likes of Henry, Berkamp, Pires and Ljunbgerb was a privilege. They were a truly awesome sight going forwards and Henry scored a great goal from just outside the area.

What I now find mind blowing is that other fans now perceive us like that. After being frequently dire and never much better than mediocre for the 33 years I have been going to matches it still hasn't sunk in that fans of other clubs have come to view us in this light.

I was talking to an Arsenal fan last week. He doesn't get to many matches because he is usually working Saturdays so he was determined to get to the Carling Cup match. When he told me that he wanted to go because he wanted to watch City as he thought we have loads of great players and are a top side my initial reaction was to tell him to stop taking the piss before I realised that he was serious. It was a hell of a feeling to have it suddenly sink in that City can be percieved like this by rival fans. It is going to take a hell of a lot of getting used to.

Was in the shop after the game and a couple of Norwich fans were leaving with some bags of City goodies that seems weird to me but it is just a sign of where we are now

petermanc said:
Was in the shop after the game and a couple of Norwich fans were leaving with some bags of City goodies that seems weird to me but it is just a sign of where we are now

the shop was chocker with them b4 the game !!! just had to smile and think of the ffp

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.