Norwich fan on the bus

surprised there were no tractors in the car park either... ;-)

We had a few on the train with us. Nice affable people with a good knowledge of the game in general. It's a shame more football fans can't be like that because we all know the train would have no windows left had it been Millwall.

petermanc said:
Was in the shop after the game and a couple of Norwich fans were leaving with some bags of City goodies that seems weird to me but it is just a sign of where we are now

Sale of the century?

Their hardcore fans have always been good. Awaydays are generally a very long haul for them.
An old workmate of mine was at the game in their end yesterday, though, and was a bit miffed, saying afterwards that a lot of JCL's and plastics who were never seen before promotion have been travelling to the bigger grounds this year and taking a lot of the tickets. A bit like Blackpool, Burnley and Hull in years gone by, I suppose.
Even so, they did what 'bigger' clubs like Villa, Wolves etc couldn't do and filled the full allocation, and they seemed like a decent bunch, so fair play.
The torrential rain/hail storm on the walk back to the station seemed to confirm a few Manc stereotypes as well.

Nothing against them , but they still sang what every visiting team has done this season
namely ..."where were you when you were shit " ....when its plainly obvious WE WERE RIGHT FUCKING HERE , WHERE WE ARE NOW !!!!

panzer1311 said:
Nothing against them , but they still sang what every visiting team has done this season
namely ..."where were you when you were shit " ....when its plainly obvious WE WERE RIGHT FUCKING HERE , WHERE WE ARE NOW !!!!

Haha think it was a record for an away team clocked it as 27 seconds into the game when they sang "where were you when you were shit"

LongsightM13 said:
Their hardcore fans have always been good. Awaydays are generally a very long haul for them.
An old workmate of mine was at the game in their end yesterday, though, and was a bit miffed, saying afterwards that a lot of JCL's and plastics who were never seen before promotion have been travelling to the bigger grounds this year and taking a lot of the tickets. A bit like Blackpool, Burnley and Hull in years gone by, I suppose.
Even so, they did what 'bigger' clubs like Villa, Wolves etc couldn't do and filled the full allocation, and they seemed like a decent bunch, so fair play.
The torrential rain/hail storm on the walk back to the station seemed to confirm a few Manc stereotypes as well.

We dont do plastics, our average attendance went up when we were relegated to the third tier because away fans brought less so segregation could be cut. Weve taken 4k to many grounds not just the big games, and will sell out pretty much whatever tickets we are given.

We have 22k season ticket holders with a waiting list of a further 3k, and countless others not even bothering to pay the fee to go on the waiting list as there is no point until the ground is expanded, with the aim of 35000 capacity hopefully within 5 years.

bluebarn said:
There are a lot of football fans who will do this. Sometimes you have to acknowledge that you are playing a great team and just go along to watch the what you hope will be a great display of football from a highly talented side.

I remember going away to Arsenal a few years ago, I think it was the last year they played at Highbury, and that Arsenal side were magnificent. I went along in the full expectation that we would lose, but hoping that if we did I would see a good display by Arsenal. In the end we lost a hard fought match 2-1, Anelka scored for us, but I wasn't too upset as watching the likes of Henry, Berkamp, Pires and Ljunbgerb was a privilege. They were a truly awesome sight going forwards and Henry scored a great goal from just outside the area.

What I now find mind blowing is that other fans now perceive us like that. After being frequently dire and never much better than mediocre for the 33 years I have been going to matches it still hasn't sunk in that fans of other clubs have come to view us in this light.

I was talking to an Arsenal fan last week. He doesn't get to many matches because he is usually working Saturdays so he was determined to get to the Carling Cup match. When he told me that he wanted to go because he wanted to watch City as he thought we have loads of great players and are a top side my initial reaction was to tell him to stop taking the piss before I realised that he was serious. It was a hell of a feeling to have it suddenly sink in that City can be percieved like this by rival fans. It is going to take a hell of a lot of getting used to.

This is how it was when I was a lad (60 years ago). You'd go to watch players like Stanley Mathews and Tommy Finney from Blackpool, Nat Lofthouse, from Bolton, just to enjoy their different skills. Times change, unfortunately!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.