Norwich (H) Post-Match Thread

If we defend like we did against Bournemouth and Norfolk then we haven’t a snowballs when we meet Real Madrid. Two relegated teams playing away could (and should) have scored 3 goals. I love the way we attack but our defence often gets opened by fast forwards as we play such a high line. What’s odd though is that our goals against tally is not far behind Liverpool. Garcia has loads of technical skills but too slow in my opinion. The issue is we don’t have a leader/organiser in the back four. Having said all that we’ve not had a bad season, but I still have a nagging feeling that if we don’t win the Champions League then I think Pep might bugger off.

A common reality in City games for years, with teams playing at 100%, their players defending for their lives...

I have no problem with that at all. The thing is, I don't see it much in Liverpool matches. I fail to see the same determination, effort, physicality (which has cost us injuries by the way, given the zero protection City players "enjoy" from the men in black) etc in teams facing Liverpool. What I do see is tactical naivety, mental weakness, and a lot of ridiculous goals they concede...

Terms of competition are definitely not equal, and it's not just the officials or VAR. It's more, much more...
I wonder if Liverpool will face more of that next year, as reigning champions? Many clubs have long been afraid of getting a good hiding off us but now they’ll be facing the bestest team ever...

If we defend like we did against Bournemouth and Norfolk then we haven’t a snowballs when we meet Real Madrid. Two relegated teams playing away could (and should) have scored 3 goals. I love the way we attack but our defence often gets opened by fast forwards as we play such a high line. What’s odd though is that our goals against tally is not far behind Liverpool. Garcia has loads of technical skills but too slow in my opinion. The issue is we don’t have a leader/organiser in the back four. Having said all that we’ve not had a bad season, but I still have a nagging feeling that if we don’t win the Champions League then I think Pep might bugger off.
Whatever pep does he will not walk out on an existing contract. Whatever happens in the CL we will have him next season. Hopefully for a few seasons after that as well.

A common reality in City games for years, with teams playing at 100%, their players defending for their lives...

I have no problem with that at all. The thing is, I don't see it much in Liverpool matches. I fail to see the same determination, effort, physicality (which has cost us injuries by the way, given the zero protection City players "enjoy" from the men in black) etc in teams facing Liverpool. What I do see is tactical naivety, mental weakness, and a lot of ridiculous goals they concede...

Terms of competition are definitely not equal, and it's not just the officials or VAR. It's more, much more...
I could be hoping a bit too much here but maybe next season other teams will up their game against Liverpool as reigning champ's. Although ten years of negative press can put a fire in a players gut against us and i don't see ten minutes of it about the mickeys.

Does anyone know our goal/shots on goal ratio, not just for this game but for the season. I guess it must be 1/5. It's one of the few stats that I'm intrigued to see.
Why we don't shoot more instead of passing it sideways confuses me.
Only De Bruyne, mahrez, foden, aguero, walker and cancello shoot from outside the box it seems. Bernado in the derby and Kompany against Leicester stand out as exceptions.

I wish we tried Walker as RCB for longer cos he'd bail us out more often than he'd screw up imo. With the bonus that a more creative RB would add to our attack.

We only conceded 2 more than Liverpool in the PL this season but all we get from the media and pundits is that our defence ‘can be got at’ whereas their defence is always held up as an impenetrable dam

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.