Not a sell out yet,Barnsley. (It is now)

Re: Not a sell out yet,Barnsley.

WhiteyBFC said:
oakiecokie said:
WhiteyBFC said:
Barnsley supporter...

There were just 40 tickets remaining as of 6pm tonight, according to our club.

Really looking forward to the game.

Will top man Michael Parkinson be with you in the stands ?? Well done on selling your quota mate.
Parky has a Reading season ticket. Another 'fan' that never sets foot in Oakwell, or Barnsley for that matter, until we get an FA Cup tie like this.

Now.. Dickie Bird, he's the real deal. Season ticket holder and still lives in Barnsley. Proper 'Tarn' lad, and legend.

As for our ticket allocation, I'm pretty sure it's just season ticket holders in the main, which is how it should be.

Think the fact that you lot have sold out your ends for a game against us reaffirms my belief that City have great support.

Looking forward to the day, the atmosphere, and hopefully a proper game.

We kind of get pissed off when certain journalists have a dig about our crowds and how we never sell out ! For the past three seasons in the PL games,all Citys allocation has been Sold Out,but certain away fans hardly bring any (Stoke,Fulham and even Sunderland spring to mind) thus reducing the gate.
We accept that the old League Cup has virtually gone out of the window now and hardly anyones ground is half full for the first three rounds,but all our CL games have also had the Sold Out notices,along with this seasons FA Cup home games.
Apart from Arsenal away,some 900 fans took a stand about paying fucking stupid money,£62,for a ticket,but virtually all tickets are sold for away games.
Sorry at having a rant about this mate,but thats why its nice to hear from other supporters,that we do have great support,even when we were shit !! ;)

oakiecokie said:
WhiteyBFC said:
oakiecokie said:
Will top man Michael Parkinson be with you in the stands ?? Well done on selling your quota mate.
Parky has a Reading season ticket. Another 'fan' that never sets foot in Oakwell, or Barnsley for that matter, until we get an FA Cup tie like this.

Now.. Dickie Bird, he's the real deal. Season ticket holder and still lives in Barnsley. Proper 'Tarn' lad, and legend.

As for our ticket allocation, I'm pretty sure it's just season ticket holders in the main, which is how it should be.

Think the fact that you lot have sold out your ends for a game against us reaffirms my belief that City have great support.

We kind of get pissed off when certain journalists have a dig about our crowds and how we never sell out ! For the past three seasons in the PL games,all Citys allocation has been Sold Out,but certain away fans hardly bring any (Stoke,Fulham and even Sunderland spring to mind) thus reducing the gate.
We accept that the old League Cup has virtually gone out of the window now and hardly anyones ground is half full for the first three rounds,but all our CL games have also had the Sold Out notices,along with this seasons FA Cup home games.
Apart from Arsenal away,some 900 fans took a stand about paying fucking stupid money,£62,for a ticket,but virtually all tickets are sold for away games.
Sorry at having a rant about this mate,but thats why its nice to hear from other supporters,that we do have great support,even when we were shit !! ;)
You used Oakwell as your 'home' ground once, too. A few years back.

I bet that 'stat' gets read out on whatever TV channel shows the game.

WhiteyBFC said:
oakiecokie said:

Yes we played one of our UEFA Prelim,games there,when we got in through the "back door" by having the least bookings and sending offs.Never happen nowadays,as we have more than our share of committed players.
I`m certain the turf cut up after a summer concert and we were re-laying the new pitch,although someone will no doubt correct me !!
Looking forward to Sats game,especially as its now officially another sell out.

oakiecokie said:
WhiteyBFC said:
oakiecokie said:

Yes we played one of our UEFA Prelim,games there,when we got in through the "back door" by having the least bookings and sending offs.Never happen nowadays,as we have more than our share of committed players.
I`m certain the turf cut up after a summer concert and we were re-laying the new pitch,although someone will no doubt correct me !!
Looking forward to Sats game,especially as its now officially another sell out.

I think it was a Bon Jovi concert at our ground leading to our trip over to Oakwell for a 'home' game, obviously at the time we were skint and needed the revenue from a Canadian rocker more than a UEFA cup run :)

Enjoy your trip over on Saturday Whitey should be a decent atmosphere hope your lads do yourselves proud but still end up on the wrong end of the scoreline!

M9 Blue said:
Got a bit of a soft spot for barnsley going back to when Mick Mccarthy was one of my favourite City players,even if he did flick the v's behind his back to the platt lane at maine Road when he was getting a bit of stick on one of his rare poor games.Good lad Mick,no nonsense on and off the pitch.
Oh and i used to do a bit of running with a lad who played 20 odd games for you back in the early 70's,Ian Boyle- think he was a centre half? A real character and a good lad.

Mick still loves us.......taken from o/s

Thu 07 Mar 2013, 11:01AM
Posted by @dclayton_MCFC

Barnsley-born McCarthy made 314 appearances for his hometown club between 1977 and 1983 before moving over the Pennines to Manchester where he then played for City between 1983 and 1987. He now manages Ipswich Town…

“I remember beating City with Barnsley in 1982 vividly. In fact, I’ve only recently been interviewed by a newspaper in Barnsley and I put that night down as one of the highlights of my playing career.

“City had a great team and had players like Kevin Reeves who they’d spent huge money on as well as Kevin Bond, Asa Hartford and Dennis Tueart in the team. They were a good side and had a strong team out on the night, though I think Trevor Francis was injured for that game.

“We were a Second Division side and City were in the First Division so it was a great result and a fantastic occasion for the town of Barnsley and the supporters. There were more than 33,000 there for a midweek game – great memories!

“Little did I know I’d be playing for City less than 12 months later. It wasn’t a wrench to leave Barnsley at all. City paid £200,000 for me, though my mother told me she wouldn’t have paid two bob for me some days! Everyone tells me I played for Man City but I can tell you it’s not the Man City of today – I never played for that club!

“I joined City in December 1983 and was driving across the top of the Pennines when I became stuck in snow so had to call Billy McNeill by phone from a pub – there were no mobiles or anything like that back then.

“It was a great move for me because it was time for me to move on. There were a few clubs supposedly interested but nobody had made a firm offer until City came in and everything turned out as good as I could have hoped.

“In McNeill, City had a manager who was a former centre-half which was great for me, but as I said, the club was unrecognisable to the Manchester City of today. I went to Maine Road to discuss money and the first thing I was told was that they would sell the goalposts if they could because they were so skint!

“City had been relegated six months before and the club was having a hard time but this was Manchester City and it was just awesome – I loved it.

“So I joined in December and I was voted the Player of the Year just five months later so I must have been doing something right! I think the City fans took to me in that respect! City were and still are a great club with fantastic supporters. It was a totally different experience to the one I’d had with Barnsley in the Fourth and Third Divisions where we’d had the odd big game here and there. It was a huge difference

“I always got a great reception from everyone at the Club and always do whenever I return. It’s 26 years since I left City but the fans have always been great, even now when I go back as a manager.

“As for the FA Cup tie on Saturday, I’m a realist and City will win it – if they don’t, City will have had to have had an off day and Barnsley will have had to have played out of their skin. I’m fighting my own battle with Ipswich at the moment so if I’m honest, I honestly don’t care who wins but I’ll always love City because I loved every minute of my time there – it was fantastic

How many people know that in October 1902 City were beating Barnsley 5-0 in Div Two when the ref called the game off after 85 minutes.
I bet he was popular. When the match was replayed we won 3-2. I should add it was before my time.

Big Swifty said:
How many people know that in October 1902 City were beating Barnsley 5-0 in Div Two when the ref called the game off after 85 minutes.
I bet he was popular. When the match was replayed we won 3-2. I should add it was before my time.

Give over, we all know your post count is your age (-;
And no, i didn't know that

Big Swifty said:

Bet it was Clattenberg's great grandad.

Big Swifty said:

...agenda...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.