Not brave enough...

I didn’t particularly rate Walker’s World Cup, but Stones was the bravest of the lot in possession.

No English players touched the ball more than Stones or Walker after half time.

No English players made more passes than the 2 of them, no English players kept the ball better.

Souness is just looking for an angle that excuses Pickford because it's Pickford.

Here's how Souness opened his article by the way, if anyone wanted any clarification about whether he was just trying to be a provocative twat.

Football’s coming home, is it? So, England effectively own the sport. I don’t think so. They didn’t have a monopoly on it when their teams and the FA were big players in the global power game back in the last century, and they don’t now.

Just about survive..... but click bait or not, wonder what the players think about remarks like that ??
As Pickford was the one waving the team up field every time he hoofed the ball out I would say Souness should be aiming his criticism at the manager and Pickford himself.

Midfield? All I saw was a team with six defenders and four forwards.
Subbing out Young with Rose should have been done at the start of the 2nd half. A jaded and complacent Young sat back, instead of pressing and pinning Croatia down the flank in their half inviting Croatia RB Vrasjalko to assist in the equalizer.
That's the MU factor which has always been the curse of England's failure at WC tourneys.

One instance stuck out in my mind, where John momentarily thought he was playing with Ederson. He found himself with the ball, side on, with a Croatian attacker in front and behind him - he passed it back to Pickford, and the two attackers pressed the keeper, John moved UP the pitch, available for a pass.

Guess what? Pickford hoofed the fucker to Kane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.