not ONE ex player from the last 20 years would get in our...

------------------hart-----
richards---kompany---lescott----clichy
---------yaya------barry----------
nasri--------------kun----------silva
--------------goater----------------

simple really!

Kenney_The_Blue said:
starting eleven.

Not one

Fair point but dont forget there have been lots of players over those twenty years that have been fans favourites, made us happy through some dark days, entertained us and given us some massive highs. Lots of players have still got a soft spot for us or even become die hard blues themselves because of the warmth and support shown to them by us fans.
Fair enough get a bit giddy but dont dismiss what these players have done for us or what we mean to some of them.

Not a single player of the last 20 years would get in. We pretty much have a star studded side from back to front.
Some of the players of the past I loved. Anelka, M V Foe, Kinkladze, Ali B, Berkovic, Curle but lets face it, with possibly the exception of Anelka nobody would even get close to the squad. Ali B over Silva? Berkovic over Nasri? Goater over Dzeko? M V Foe over Toure? Let's face it our favourites of yesteryear came from nowhere to play for City and went nowhere afterwards as much as we love them. The current squad is one of the best squads ever assembled. We have signed players who have been there and done that yet still in their prime, this is new ground for City.
I will still say though that asides from Dzeko & Nasri at Spurs, Silva this season, Hart against Spurs away last year and Kompany every game the two best performances I have ever seen in a City shirt were Bervovic when we drew 1-1 at the Swap circa 2004/05 and Wanchope away at Leeds, we won 2-1 anyone who was there will certainly remember his perfromance. He made Duberry and the Chief look like little school kids, I will always remember that game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.