Not winning 'Big Games'.

Mattyc55

A very worrying trend when you look at our results so far this season. We have failed to win 6 champions league games, lost to United, draws with Chelsea, Arsenal and at Anfield. We also drew at home to Everton (currently in the top 4) and the only relatively big game we have won was Spurs at home. In the past, barring the CL, Mancini has usually got it right in most of the big games, especially at home.

Briefly looking at United's results, they've won at Stamford Bridge, Anfield and now our place. They beat Arsenal at home and have only really slipped up against Spurs & Everton.

Is it just me that hasn't felt confident at all in any of our big games this season? We're really struggling in that respect & it could well cost us the title if we don't start winning them soon.

I agree but those games don't always mean the difference between winning the league and not. United have lost to Norwich this season. So we make back our derby defeat by beating Norwich away if you see where I'm coming from. But yes it's a worrying trend.

Probably partially because those teams have really turned up against us.

I mean pretty much all of those teams have looked awful at some stages this season, but played really well against us. Look at the Arsenal one for the best example.

We fucked it up today with result and that's gutting one, but out of that we were clearly much better side, we are much better side anyway and even if it went bad today, I'm still very confident that difference has to be shown through the season.

If not, than we'd certainly be underachievers.

good point, a key reason for us winning the league was that we beat all the teams around us at least once, but in two of our biggest games this year (arse and rags) we have dropped 5 points on last years corresponding fixtures. without beating your title rivals you don't win the league, end of

johnmc said:
I agree but those games don't always mean the difference between winning the league and not. United have lost to Norwich this season. So we make back our derby defeat by beating Norwich away if you see where I'm coming from. But yes it's a worrying trend.

I agree that every game counts as 3 points over the course of a season, but it would be interesting to see the head to heads of the top 4 over the past five or so years and see if the winner of that mini table has gone on to win the league. Last year we picked up 12/18 points whereas United got 10.. The 6 points we picked up against them also made a huge difference in terms of a points swing.

Strikers not scoring. Balotelli is woeful and the rest are pretty clueless. Always the wrong option taken. It's a big problem for us. Mancini isn't wrong.

A slight concern, but what we have to do now is beat both Arse and them in the return fixtures. A hard task but we are more than capable to achieve it.

mansour's tow ropes said:
good point, a key reason for us winning the league was that we beat all the teams around us at least once, but in two of our biggest games this year (arse and rags) we have dropped 5 points on last years corresponding fixtures. without beating your title rivals you don't win the league, end of

this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.