Notts County Away

mrt4919

Leicester will be lucky to win a corner in the replay.
Got me thinking about the last time I went to Notts County.
Thousands and thousands of blues there probably 10 to 15 thousend
0-3 down at half time on a promotion push,was in the open end and Blues everywhere all over the ground, decided we wanted the match abandoned.
It kicked of big style .
From memory the second half delayed maybe 15-20 minutes.
Knew a county fan a few years back and he said that it was the most violent match he had ever been to.
We lost
Won promotion at Bradford away though but thats another story

I remember when we last played at Notts County.

11th September 2001.

Most surreal football match I've ever been to.

Didn't go to that game,went to a 1-1 in 1998... Sat in the family stand with mostly County fans.... Only thing I remember about it was a late Goater goal.

before the match on sunday,i said to mrs TTT,
i would love to get Notts County cos of that wee shit ince,
she looked at me as if i had 2 fukn heads,
Scottish women and Premiership football don't go together.

hope to fuk we beat Leicester now.

mrt4919 said:
0-3 down at half time on a promotion push,was in the open end and Blues everywhere all over the ground, decided we wanted the match abandoned.
It kicked of big style .
Knew a county fan a few years back and he said that it was the most violent match he had ever been to.
We lost

I remember that game well. I was around 17 at the time. Billy McNeill on the pitch at halftime trying to calm the City fans down as they tried to rip the fence down behind the goal. My over-riding memory of that day was looking up at the seats where a bunch of Blues dressed as clowns were going toe-to-toe with the police. It was probably the funniest thing I've seen at a match. Lost 3-2 that day.

I remember Notts county knocked us out of the FA cup in the early 90's with a 89th min goal by Gary Lund (I still remember!)..... I was a kid and dead upset, I did not realise that teams in lower leagues were allowed to beat higher up teams! Also my dad promised to take me to Wembely if we got to the final that year and I was convinced we were going.....I remember he came home that night and bought me a mars bar...amazing what you remember.

Swales lives said:
mrt4919 said:
It kicked of big style .
We lost

I remember that game well. I was around 17 at the time. Billy McNeill on the pitch at halftime trying to calm the City fans down as they tried to rip the fence down behind the goal. My over-riding memory of that day was looking up at the seats where a bunch of Blues dressed as clowns were going toe-to-toe with the police. It was probably the funniest thing I've seen at a match. Lost 3-2 that day.
see my link a couple of posts up- I was there too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.