Now a name for the extension

It's inexplicable to me that they aren't calling it The Bert Trautmann Stand, just after his death. The fact that it is behind the goal adds to that. Surely someone must have thought of it. I'm guessing they want to keep the sponsorship option open.

It's got to be the Bert Trautmann Stand/End. Even more apt as all that don't sit in it will have to crane their necks to see those fans at the top!

I'd like to see the club make a real effort to honour our previous greats. We've had some brilliant former players and some real characters play for the club and it would be nice to see the ground honour them whether they played there or not. I know we are creating a new era at the club but when you go through such a lengthy spell without success, those that won things with the club become even more important.

Or we could combine former greats with the sense of humour this club has - how about the Bell End and the Book End?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.