Now Nedums fit...

Zab - Toure - Onouha - Bridge

Kompany

SWP Bellamy

Ireland

Ade Tevez

Kompany covers and drops into a back three when Bridge goes missing and SWP told to interchange with Zab when he is on a run forward. Defence doesn't get isloated and we have a balanced attacking formation with plenty on the bench to mix it up when necessary. Doesn't matter how much Lescott and Barry cost, if they don't do the role needed then they should warm their butt until ready.

I got a sick feeling about Ned not being fully fit at the start of the season and he is the forgoten man in the squad for Hughes. I just cant see him breaking Hughes first choice centre back pairing. Hughes has spent big on these 2 and wont change them if fully fit. Like the others he has signed he will stick by them even if they are playing poorly. I think that what Hughes is doing could well lead to some looking to move on if not in January then at the end of the season. I feel that Ned and even Johnson will not be here at the club this time next year.

blueprint said:
Micah-Kolo-Nedum-Lescott should be in the rotation.
This back four, has pace and power, might be useful especially in counterattack. We gave a few goals thru opponents set pieces or as a result of our turnovers instead of a fast break. Micah/Nedum have the abilties to recover from turnovers.

How about a back line of

Toure Kompany Onouha Lescott

Toure has pace and uses the ball well.
Kompany has height and can play the ball out of defence better than anyone except possibly Toure.
Onouha has even played left back for U21's so left sided centre half no problem for my long time favourite player.
Lescott had a good game against Brazil in the middle but will (can) he reproduce it for City?

Unless Bridge reprises his display for England v Brazil when I thought defensively he was decent.

Not even wholely convincing myself here, but to put it all in perspective a couple of seasons ago Sun Jihai was in the reckoning!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.