Now the dust has settled is it just me that feels weird?

m27 said:
The String said:
Was out with my rag mates last night and they are quite confident that they will batter us at owe trafford.

They also said that if they do win then the 34 year banner will be moved to 35 years whilst we are all kept in after the final whistle.
They say that it would be 35 because the League Cup final is months before the FA cup final even if we are still in that and hence it would be 35 years since..........etc etc.

After watching Villa v Jackburn on Wednesday it is clear that Wednesday's game will be tactically different if we can hold them off for a sustained period. Desperation will creep in and hopefully we will be able to pick them off on the counter.

And yes, I'm shitting myself about next week but when we kick off I'll suddenly become very confident!!

It becomes 34 years in February if we don't win it this year so tell your mates to wind their necks in. I should know, I was born a couple of weeks after the 1976 cup win so every birthday is normally a dagger through the heart. Please make this end City.

In regard to the game, it took a couple of days for it to sink in that 2-1 was a good result. After the game I was a bit disappointed that we didn't go for the third and the last 20 minutes were so nerve wracking my thoughts were still a bit scrmabled by the time I got home.

I can't bear the thought of them scoring but I know it's highly likely they will. Let's make sure we've got two on the board before they do. (I keep imagining a 3-0 City win and 9000 Blues giving it the "1-2, 1-2-3, 1-2-3-4, FIVE ONE!" Please God, make this happen.)
Feel ok, just had a rag on the phone telling me how they battered us in the first 20, and last 15mins,told him that if we can beat them at home without playing well, then they have plenty to be worried about at the swamp if we play well.

Have faith...we will be strong come wednesday..we will win come wednesday..

It is written.

Long way to go thats all I can say to the rags, not over till the
fat lady sings, I am so nervous I am going but will I yet again gnaw
my fingers to the knuckle, scared to death of getting hammered and
gettin shite off my red nose one eyed mates or ex mates as it will
turn out.
I have confidence in the manager and the players to do this, I just
hope and pray they don't let us down and go in fighting for their lives.

I'm a natural pessimist where City are concerned, but if we can score first I'll be more confident. You just know how they will play, they'll be camped inside our half and we'll be lucky if we can contain them. If they score first, and score early, we're fooked I think.

I still can't get my head around the fact that we won tbh. We played at about 75% of our capability and still beat them - so next week, when they have to come on to us a bit more, that will suit us better and if we can up our collective game then we have a great chance. For all their customary arrogance and bravado they know that we have threats all over the pitch (eg Shauny, Tev, Bellers plus Micah @ corners!).

The way they had us on the ropes in that last 10 mins was desperate - and yet we (well Given and the gods!) kept the muppets out. So maybe, just maybe, we're getting that little bit of long overdue luck normally so monopolised by them?

One image that stuck in my mind on Tues was one time when they had a corner, we got possession and started to break and they had almost every player sprinting/swarming back to defend - 8 of them back over the half-way line in seconds. We will need that level of commitment for 97 mins and with it we are going through.

felt weird all the way through the game, allowed myself about 10 seconds of happiness when Tevez got his second, then back to worrying, can see any enjoyment out of the match until were 4-0 with 5 minutes to play, not sure Derby matches are enjoyable, far too stressful

i would be usually ok till matchday but the way they peppered our goal in last 15 got me worryed now but on the other hand we can't play as bad than we did at our place really, im just thinking get 'that' goal and well be ok (i fuckin prey) thing is you just never know with city do you??

mr t said:
I can't celebrate and feel really nervous about what lies ahead. I can normally have the crack with the rags I know but I've not sent one gloating text or made any comments to them apart from "it's only half time" or "one goal's not a big lead to take to your place". I want to shout from the rooftops that we're 90 minutes away from Wembley and our destiny is in our own hands but the fear of it all coming unstuck is stopping me.

How does everybody else feel?

Absolutely. No way can we say anything yet. We weren't too bad on Tuesday but it was tight. I am hopeful though because we rarely fail to score these days and United on very huff and puff if you catch them on the right day. We'll play on the break and do them for pace, I hope, but 2-1 is a fragile lead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.