now we must get 4th

bluemoonno1

with stoke away and chelsea away looks like we are going out of the fa cup,
we must now get fourth,
top six would get us into uefa cup is that good enough?

Top 6 is not good enough for us, money thats been spent we should be aiming for top 4 without a doubt.

We have the players and the quality. The position we are in I will be deeply, deeply disappointed if we don't get 4th. Its their for the taking.

LCBblue said:
Top 6 is not good enough for us, money thats been spent we should be aiming for top 4 without a doubt.

We have the players and the quality. The position we are in I will be deeply, deeply disappointed if we don't get 4th. Its their for the taking.

need to get 4th, then get the players in the summer

4th is the target, and it's realistic, but I fear Liverpool. They look like they are improving week by week.

We need to be ahead of them by the time we play them so that it's not win or bust. Ideally we need them going into the game with the pressure on them i.e. a 3 point lead with a game in hand. that way even a draw would be a good result for City

Marvin said:
4th is the target, and it's realistic, but I fear Liverpool. They look like they are improving week by week.

We need to be ahead of them by the time we play them so that it's not win or bust. Ideally we need them going into the game with the pressure on them i.e. a 3 point lead with a game in hand. that way even a draw would be a good result for City
It would be nice going in to the game with Liverpool, with a 3 point lead over them, that makes it pretty much "must win" for them.
To do that we need to win at Stoke and that wont be easy, they are a very good team at home. We are more than capable of doing it, lets just hope we can.

bluemoonno1 said:
with stoke away and chelsea away looks like we are going out of the fa cup,
we must now get fourth,
top six would get us into uefa cup is that good enough?
The cup draw doesn't change anything - we were always going to have to beat Chelsea to win it, whether it was in the quarters or at Wembley.

And yes we must try and get 4th, well done.

Feed-The-Goat said:
another thread stating we are out without even playing the games.

great!

Some people can't help themselves, mate. They deserve our pity.

It must be a sad life to have no hope.

We are not out of the title race yet either. People will think I'm being funny, but why? Win a few games and we are right up there. I can just see the tide changing. In 6 weeks time, we could 6 points off the top with a game in hand. All we have to do is go a winnining run of 5 league games. Why is that beyond the realms?

One thing I will say for definite. Dreaming of the title is no more stupid than giving up on the cup just because we have a tough draw. We have beaten the current top 3 already this season! So to my mind all the doom merchants can fuck right off, because City are sitting pretty right now whether they accept it or not.

What the fuck is this thread about? next leg we'll have tevez and bellamy back, and we've already beaten chelsea this season. Why be so negative about a game which hasn't even happened yet? i know we've been playing shit but FFS get behind your team or piss off!!

im not sure Mancini is that bothered about the cup. His stated target is 4th, and a cup run wont really help that. If he has been told he stands or falls on 4th, he will be fired up for points but not for trophies - the players didnt looked that fired up yesterday did they? Lets see how they fight on tuesday, as if I were Mancini I would take 3 points this week over a win next week tbh. As fans of course we want it all, but i suspect he has a game plan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.