Oasis at The Hacienda - 1994

m27

S-A-L-F-O-R-D Salford Blues MCFC, S-A-L-F-O-R-D Sa
Me and my mates have been going through our best gigs ever and we all agree that Oasis at the Hacienda in 1994 was well up there. In fact, because Definitely Maybe had just been released it felt like the start of something really special. After years of waiting for the Roses we finally had OUR band.

I'm no Oasis obsessive and I haven't bought any Oasis albums since "What's the Story....." but as an 18 year old lad, in a venue with so much musical history in the walls, it felt amazing, the band played their tits off as well.

Weird thing is, I've never spoken to anyone else who was at that gig and it seems to have been brushed under the carpet. So, who was there and did you feel the gig was as significant as I'm making out? Finally, did anyone spill a whole bottle of poppers down their shirt and spent the evening on the ceiling? No? Just me then.

wasnt at that gig, but lived in there from 91-95, wasnt into that sort of music, dont mind oasis but not mad for 'em lol.
some of the best nights of my life were spent in that place and i was gutted when it got pulled down. :(

Better than The Beatles IMPO, I know some people wont agree with that, but the Beatles do jack shit for me, whereas Oasis are just, as Liam would say, The Bollocks!

S.E.H said:
Better than The Beatles IMPO, I know some people wont agree with that, but the Beatles do jack shit for me, whereas Oasis are just, as Liam would say, The Bollocks!

i feel the same. as much as i know in terms of how much the beatles did for music then obviously they are bigger, but i jut prefer oasis music. dont think ive found one oasis song i dislike

supercity36 said:
S.E.H said:

i feel the same. as much as i know in terms of how much the beatles did for music then obviously they are bigger, but i jut prefer oasis music. dont think ive found one oasis song i dislike

Exactly, and when you consider some of the Oasis b-sides like Acquiesce and The Masterplan, how the hell did they never become singles?

S.E.H said:
supercity36 said:

Exactly, and when you consider some of the Oasis b-sides like Acquiesce and The Masterplan, how the hell did they never become singles?

im pretty sure the masterplan did. that is probably one of my top 3 oasis songs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.