OBR say we need more immigration

i kne albert davy said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Challenger1978 said:
Lmao is that to cover your arse for when things get tasty ?

No I have always had respect for people wanting to better themselves.

Look at the greatest country in the world (USA) they have been built on people wanting to build a better life for themselves
Not a great example the USA as mass immigration didn't go to well for the indigenous people.

Or Australia, New Zealand
:-p

pauldominic said:
i kne albert davy said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
No I have always had respect for people wanting to better themselves.

Look at the greatest country in the world (USA) they have been built on people wanting to build a better life for themselves
Not a great example the USA as mass immigration didn't go to well for the indigenous people.

Or Australia, New Zealand
:-p

Or Mexico, and pretty much all of South America.

BlueHubert said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Im all for economic migrants, people who come here to better themselves work longer and harder and do the jobs we see as 'beneath us'.

What I do have massive issues with are the illegals though, we need to get tough on them- really tough until the message gets through we are not a soft touch any longer and we are not the land of free money.

If you're an illegal immigrant you are not entitled to any state money as you are here illegally. Simple really.

THe problem we have in this country is with the white under class that think they are owed a living. Bromide in the water is a good solution. Don't let the buggers breed!

-- Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:43 pm --

brooklandsblue2.0 said:

Double post I know but can't help myself. The US is defnitely not the greatest country in the world. Yes they have the biggest military and the largest economy but just look at the inequality, levels of child and adult literacy, nuber of children living below the poverty line and crime levels.

I'd much rather live here than the US, a 100 times over. The problem is that everyone thinks that US citizens all live the life of 90210 or Friends when many live in abject poverty with little recourse to any health care or welfare for the most vulnberable.

I agree with all of that.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8UqdPKbpWM[/youtube]

we need more taxpayers they say

nah

we need less state/ reliance on the state so that we can actually afford to run our country without financially crippling our nation via overly high taxation

(and yes insisting/ ensuring that everyone pays their dues)

Whilst I'm not against immigration per se, relying on the economic growth caused by a population boom from immigration is simply passing the buck to future generations.

A big part of the problem right now is that we have too many in a specific age bracket due to longer lives and a post-war population boom. There is only so much room in the country, so population growth can only be sustained for so long. Once it can no longer be sustained we will be back to square one with lack of funding for retiring boomers, this time an immigration boom rather than a baby boom.

Economic growth only means something if it is growth per capita.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:21 pm --<br /><br />
Balti said:
we need more taxpayers they say

nah

we need less state/ reliance on the state so that we can actually afford to run our country without financially crippling our nation via overly high taxation

(and yes insisting/ ensuring that everyone pays their dues)
So which aspects of the Government do you propose to get rid of? For the sake of the discussion, ignore any inefficiencies at present and imagine that Government bodies and their private sector counterparts are equally efficient.

BlueHubert said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Im all for economic migrants, people who come here to better themselves work longer and harder and do the jobs we see as 'beneath us'.

What I do have massive issues with are the illegals though, we need to get tough on them- really tough until the message gets through we are not a soft touch any longer and we are not the land of free money.

If you're an illegal immigrant you are not entitled to any state money as you are here illegally. Simple really.

THe problem we have in this country is with the white under class that think they are owed a living. Bromide in the water is a good solution. Don't let the buggers breed!

brooklandsblue2.0 said:

Double post I know but can't help myself. The US is defnitely not the greatest country in the world. Yes they have the biggest military and the largest economy but just look at the inequality, levels of child and adult literacy, nuber of children living below the poverty line and crime levels.

I'd much rather live here than the US, a 100 times over. The problem is that everyone thinks that US citizens all live the life of 90210 or Friends when many live in abject poverty with little recourse to any health care or welfare for the most vulnberable.
You sound like a nazi, with your underclass and don`t let the buggers breed. Underclass = diposable bromide eh, just say it , you want them rounding up and disposing of. Just how the nazis viewed the Jews.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
They are a self sufficient, wealthy, proud country. I wish we were the 51st state.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/</a>

totallywired said:
BlueHubert said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:

brooklandsblue2.0 said:

You sound like a nazi, with your underclass and don`t let the buggers breed. Underclass = diposable bromide eh, just say it , you want them rounding up and disposing of. Just how the nazis viewed the Jews.

If you want to breed you should have to come to me first and I get to say whether you can have babies or not. Until then, I keep tipping the bromoide into the water supply!<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:58 pm --<br /><br />
Irwell said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
They are a self sufficient, wealthy, proud country. I wish we were the 51st state.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/</a>

Indeed. Brooklands, do you have any idea who is funding this lifestyle? The Chenese perhaps?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.