Obsessed with United?

scottyboi said:
kenzie115 said:
Firstly I just want to point out that I'm not saying we as City fans are obsessed with United, but at the same time I'm not saying we're not, I'm undecided.

Take our songs for example:

About United:

Fergie, Fergie, Sign Him Up
The City is Ours
The baby's not yours
Hark Now Hear the City Sing
Never Felt More Like Singing the Blues
If You Hate Man United, Clap your Hands.
You're in Debt and It's Growing
U-N-I, T-E-D.
Benjani, woah
Carlos Tevez is a Blue
Malcolm Glazer is a Blue
Fergie's Right, Your Fans Are Shit

Not about United:

Blue Moon
Come On City
We've got Robinho
Invisible Man
Manchester Na Na Na
Famous Man City on the Road to Wembley
We Love You City, We Do

In between:

34 Years and we're still here (doesn't mention United but relates to their banner)

There's probably some that I've missed but from the list above you can see that more than half our songs are about, or include, United in some way. Is this too many? I'm not sure. I know a lot of the songs are about their debt which is a very current topic and we may not be singing those songs in a years time and I love the songs about United and it's great to have this rivalry but are we bordering on obsessive?
Super city from maine rd, o when the blues go marching in, we all follow the city, manchester la la la , city are back hello hello.

"City till I die", "Colin The King" that's 14-12 to us... mind you someone will make up a few yooni*ed ones in stoppage time to equal the score.......

....shit I've mentioned them! ;)

We never win at home & we never win away (or has that one been confined to the dustbin or antiquated terrace songs?)

Number one is Colin Bell

Pardoe Pardoe were off to mexico with Bell & Lee and Summerbee

City were on the piss again

Would you not say 34years and were still here actuly arises from their obsession with us...

United fans cannot understand why we support this club...whenever one of these pre programmed fans says to me 34 years ill talk yout hrough the convo

''you wouldnt be able to understand why I support a team that doesnt win anything, becuase all youve known for the last twenty years is trophy

''Your loosers becuase you dont want to win, your crazy, your daft

...and then right their they confirm to me... 'glory hunting bastard'.

And they all dressed up like NORWICH fans as they thought we were Ipswich and began bouncing about to country and western songs.

What next, Dolly Parton?

law74 said:
Obviously we are obsesed with the rags, and to make matters worse they just dont care about us cause their new derbys are with Leeds and liverpool, that is why you will NEVER hear them sing songs about City, you will never hear them talk about City, and you would CERTAINLY NEVER see any of them posting on a City message board.

Oh wait.........
They had a spell when they would sing more anti scouse song than anti city,that use to get to me more to be honest, their songs now prove they see us as a threat.

No threat at all you have been twice to Old Trafford and both times Reds should have scored 6 in the second half. You used to do better when Stuart Pearce was manager. Only time you could be a threat is if you get in Champions League and start attracting serious top players, that is very unlikely to happen this year, still think Scoucers will get fourth and I can't honestly see you getting in next season either you will need a total overhaul of some of the over-hyped squad you have. Have you anybody who is top of their trade in that squad at the moment. United still have the top centre-forward, top left-back best goal-keeper and when fit the best centre half pairing in the league.

Since City got rich a lot of new fans have arrived. They have the anti utd thing centre stage in their support. Supporting city for them is all about hating Utd.

Never has been for me. But then I've been around awhile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.