Obstructing goalie's view of ball at free kicks

Clevers said:
eshiers1 said:
not 100% sure anderson was offside, he lined himself up then retreated back into the wall iirc

defoe was not really interfering with hart's line of vision, his presence may well have put him off however

Didn't Defoe also lift both his arms up whilst the kick was taken. My view was if he had only stood there perhaps he wasn't interfering but the movement of his arms was a deliberate attempt to gain an advantage and should have been penalised.

Was flapping his arms like a penguin, shouldn't have stood

Clevers said:
eshiers1 said:
not 100% sure anderson was offside, he lined himself up then retreated back into the wall iirc

defoe was not really interfering with hart's line of vision, his presence may well have put him off however

Didn't Defoe also lift both his arms up whilst the kick was taken. My view was if he had only stood there perhaps he wasn't interfering but the movement of his arms was a deliberate attempt to gain an advantage and should have been penalised.

For the millionth time since Sunday. When the kick is taken Defoe is onside and entitled to do whatever he damn well pleases in front of Hart. The second Kaboul touches the ball is when Defoe enters an offside position but by this point he has moved away and is no lnoger obstructing Hart.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:15 pm --<br /><br />
Plain Speaking said:
eshiers1 said:

First free kick Anderson was yards offside, close to the goalie, not marked at all and completely the last man. The second free kick was closer, for a short time Rositsky tried to get goalside and mark him but the goalie told him to clear out because he was not helping. It's seems something United have worked on.

Until Rooney touches the ball he is not offside as he is not active so he can do whatever he wants. As long as he has stopped by the time Rooney connects with the ball it is within the rules.

The law is a joke now. I used to understand all the rules perfectly but i cant make sense of the offside law since its changed 20 times.

Are you now only offside if you actually touch it? and all this second phase crap is bullshit.

Is it 2nd phase if for example Anderson was offside when Rooney shot. what if Sczernzny ( i cant spell) palms it away from goal and Anderson sticks it in. Since he wasnt involved in the shot isnt he 2nd phase?

Its crap as it stands now.

Nothing wrong with it, Anderson was onside. You could say the keeper obstructs his own view by building a wall, you don't see him complaining about that.

Aguero is my king said:
For the millionth time since Sunday. When the kick is taken Defoe is onside and entitled to do whatever he damn well pleases in front of Hart. The second Kaboul touches the ball is when Defoe enters an offside position but by this point he has moved away and is no lnoger obstructing Hart.

Moved away? Not in Hart's way? The ball goes through the tiny gap between Hart and Defoe, Joe cannot react until the ball is past Defoe, incase he touches it, he's not to know he is offside.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/BhAFM.png[/bigimg]

quiet_riot said:
Aguero is my king said:
For the millionth time since Sunday. When the kick is taken Defoe is onside and entitled to do whatever he damn well pleases in front of Hart. The second Kaboul touches the ball is when Defoe enters an offside position but by this point he has moved away and is no lnoger obstructing Hart.

Moved away? Not in Hart's way? The ball goes through the tiny gap between Hart and Defoe, Joe cannot react until the ball is past Defoe, incase he touches it, he's not to know he is offside.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/BhAFM.png[/bigimg]

Which is exactly what I said. At the point shown on that screenshot he is not obstructing Hart, whether he is interfering or not is a different matter and as I said yesterday its 50-50 whether the ref gives that. I was replying to the people saying he is offside because he was putting Hart off as the cross came in, they arne't realising that bit is not the bit up for debate.

He might not be in the way as the ball went in the net, but he was obstructing Joe's view as the ball came in from the corner.
Joe couldn't track the ball to see who would connect with it.
If he wasn't trying to obstruct Joe, why was he waving his arms up and down?

He clearly screened/blocked Hart so as to prevent him from coming out to meet the cross. So he clearly interfered with an opponent.

Seems to me you cannot be offside during a corner.

Seven City outfield players in that pic and none challenged for the ball

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/BhAFM.png[/bigimg][/quote]

richardtheref said:
As a class 2 ref i can tell you that all refs/assistant refs at this level have been told to not give off side in these situations unless the player concerned touches the ball or physically obstructs the keeper. There you go, daft as it may sound.
in which case it would be beneficial creating a wall infront of the keeper, say a yard infront of him, i hope someone does this scores and see what happens

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.