Offer from Mike Summerbee

shawluka said:
My dad met him at the recent simply red concert and was chatting to him for several minutes. Anyway my dads a rag and mentioned his son (me) would of loved to of met the man etc etc. Mike gave him his city business card and said next time I'm at a game, to show the card and I will get to meet him and he will take me pitchside etc.

So I have this card and am gonna take my young lad with me too and wondered if anyone knew how I go about redeeming this gift for want of a better word. Do I just go to a steward and explain mike has invited me down etc, and also do I do it before the game, or half time etc.

Anyone have any thoughts or info on what is the best course of action for what will be a very memorable day?

Cheers blues

Go to the main entrance around 12.00, thats when people are meant to be there by for a 3pm kick off. Explain to one of the stewards that Mike gave you his card and you wish to speak to him, obviously show his card and they will get in touch with Mike and he'll pop down and see you.

As someone has already said, give him a call first. The man is a true gent.

just print out this thread as proof of a genuine invite from buzzer .. it's all here in black an white

shawluka said:
My dad met him at the recent simply red concert and was chatting to him for several minutes. Anyway my dads a rag and mentioned his son (me) would of loved to of met the man etc etc. Mike gave him his city business card and said next time I'm at a game, to show the card and I will get to meet him and he will take me pitchside etc.

So I have this card and am gonna take my young lad with me too and wondered if anyone knew how I go about redeeming this gift for want of a better word. Do I just go to a steward and explain mike has invited me down etc, and also do I do it before the game, or half time etc.

Anyone have any thoughts or info on what is the best course of action for what will be a very memorable day?

Cheers blues

rassclot said:
oh that mike summerbee is a real wind up merchant. he'll be watching out of the window with gary owen pissing themselves as you're being stiff armed out of the building by security.

;) only kidding. just phone in advance & enjoy the experience.

And it'll be beamed onto the big screens for the rest of us to enjoy.

Good luck with explaining the Simply Red link to Head of Matchday Security.

Mike has always been this way, right from the mid sixties, he loves treating the ordinary fans and will dedicate his time any day of the week, best ambassador any Club in the world could have, his generosity is boundless and he will just expect you to ring him, he'll remember the conversation with your dad and treat you really well, trust me.

Mike is a top, top bloke. A real genuine guy.

As others have already said he always makes time for the fans. If you 'phone ahead you'll almost certainly get to speak with him in person, unless of course he's not available.

I was named after Mike. My Dad took a matchday programme to the hospital and said to my mum 'pick one'. She chose Michael after Buzzer.

I have had the priveledge of meeting Mike on a number of occassions and he really is a true gent.

I was on the same flight as Mike once, and offered to help lift his suitcase off the Carousel for him whilst he chatted to my Dad.

'That one's mine' he pointed 'the one with the bullet holes'.

Top bloke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.