Sinn Fein 150,638 votes 4 seats
Plaid Cymru 165,394 votes 3 seats
Soc Dem & Labour 107,396 votes 3 seats
Green 269,866 votes 1 seat

Total 693,294 votes 19 seats

UKIP 871,958 votes 0 seats

Re: England is blue

Pigeonho said:
Not going to pretend to understand how it works, but to me if one party has just 1 more than the others, that party should win?! Being us though, (Britain), it doesn't surprise me we do it all in a completely fucked up way.

On a different note, some people were being turned away BEFORE 10 last night, whereas some were allowed to vote after 10. In Liverpool they ran out of ballot papers. This is why I don't vote, because like most other things it does, this country could not organise a piss up in a brewery.

There are 651 Ministers of parliment (MP), a party needs 326 Ministers of parliment to have a majority. What it means is if you havn't got a majority when somthing comes to a vote in the house of commons the opposistion can vote against it basically stopping the goverment from doing anything. Which effectivly cripples the country as nothing can get done.

Average votes required to win a seat (approx)...

Con - 35000
Lab - 33000
Lib - 124000

(Probable) percent of votes to (percent of seats)...

Con - 36% (47%)
Lab - 29% (40%)
Lib - 23% (8%)

LongsightM13 said:
We may well have another one before Christmas. If so, would Labour stick with Brown or would they gamble on a new leader?

I'm pretty sure they'd go with David Miliband.

He's a young, attractive face, Labour's alternative to Clegameron, which people seem to have been seduced by.<br /><br />-- Fri May 07, 2010 12:15 pm --<br /><br />Fuck Dimbleby is still there! Kudos.
Paxman has become the spoof of himself that was Chris Morris in The Day Today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.