Official AaB v City match thread.

PabZab said:
These guys are meant to be great away from home, they get mauled by a City team without Kompany/Bellamy. Now we're playing them at home and for some reason they are brilliant.

Theres a thread on 606 that Rob failed a late fitness test on that ankle. Not sure if true or not tbh, but I think we'll be OK either way.

Not having a go at Rob or anything, but it would probably be better for the team if he were out for the away game tonight and be rested for the home game against Sunderland.

TFC said:
PabZab said:
These guys are meant to be great away from home, they get mauled by a City team without Kompany/Bellamy. Now we're playing them at home and for some reason they are brilliant.

Theres a thread on 606 that Rob failed a late fitness test on that ankle. Not sure if true or not tbh, but I think we'll be OK either way

Robinho (ankle) is fit, Vincent Kompany (toe) faces a late test and Nigel de Jong is not registered to play as City take a 2-0 lead into the second leg.

off bbc sport web site....

Failsworth_Blue said:
Ched and Vinnie in for Big Phil and Elano

Is Elano on the bench? What do people think of this. Unless he's injured which, you know, he isn't.

Pam said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Ched and Vinnie in for Big Phil and Elano

Is Elano on the bench? What do people think of this. Unless he's injured which, you know, he isn't.

As far as i know he's on the bench but not sure, bit disappointed really as i think Elano's played well in the past two games but i can understand where Hughes is coming from in bringin Vinnie back in as he gives us the extra bite in midfield which we'll need tonight

i think that means that MH has gone for the slightly more defensive approach thats all

Kompany is a holdin midfielder where elano is at his best as almost a second striker......or attacking midfielder which ever way you want to put it

The inculsion of evens also points to Mh going slightly more defensive in that evans will hussle the oppositions defence and out the boot in....whereas big phil doesnt do this (i was very noticeable at chelsea where terry et al ha all the time in the workd when phil was on but as soon as evans came on he was getting stuck in)

also save elano for sunderland or if we go a goal or two down in this game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.