Bridge

Bellamy
De Jong
Barry
Petrov

Tevez

Adebayor

2-0 City, Ade & Tevez.

Whilst I thought he had a fantastic game last night, I'd be a bit concerned about Zabba coming up against the pace of Ashley Young at Villa.

Zabba definitely appears to have many of the qualities needed to be a successful Right Back over Micah (better positional sense, far better concentration, gets forward well but also gets back into position quickly not leaving his area exposed, good tackler, not to mention he's an infinitely better crosser of the ball therefore offers more to our forwards), but pace and size are the 2 areas where he's left wanting. I fear Young could have a field day against Zabba as he is pretty slow, therefore I'd be tempted to try Richards out - would be very harsh on Zabba after last night, but I guess Hughes has to pick from the squad to win the game.

If we can keep Young and Agbonlahor quiet, they don't have much else going on as I see it, and we should be able to get a good result. I would play:

GK - Given
RB - Richards
CB - Toure
CB - Lescott
LB - Bridge
RM - Bellamy
CM - de Jong
CM - Barry
LM - Petrov
CF - Tevez
CF - Adebayor

Subs: Taylor, Zabaleta, Sylvinho, Johnson, Ireland, Wright-Phillips, Santa Cruz

Both Ireland & SWP have been below par in recent games, and a game on the bench is probably right - picking players on form

Villa players and fans will be wound up for this game with Barry's return

I think Adebayor will return with Petrov dropping out, and Bellamy filling in for him, and possible that Richards may come in for Zabeleta to give us some extra height at the back as Villa use Ashley Young to deliver cross after cross into Carew / Heskey

I'd be happy with a draw at Villa Park.

barry to score at the old away end and then run the length of the pitch to the holte end and slide to his knees.

although there not as pleasing on the eye as us, villa play at fast pace, young and milner are both quality imo, i think CM is where we should absolutely batter them, (de-jong & barry V s.petrov & sidwell or delph). tad worried about our back 4 against them, but saying that i fancy us to score against anyone this season, however i have this feeling dunne is gonna have 1 of his games where f**k all gets past him! hope im wrong tho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.