Official: City Sign Roberts from Fulham

Is this the same Patrick Roberts who couldn't make an impact in the Fulham first team last year when given multiple chances, who got relegated to the bench and reserves in favour of Seko Fofana and various others? The lad is incredibly talented and will become a good player, but to suggest he's better than Navas at this point in time is utterly ridiculous. If you sent a lad on loan to Fulham and he had the season Roberts had then you certainly wouldn't be calling for him to be starting games yet (just ask Fofana).

I'm not even sure why people have him as ahead of Barker in the pecking order? I don't see anything that he's done to deserve to be ahead of him.

Sums it up for me. He's got bags of potential, but he's little boy at the minute. He's getting the best possible guidance at city so hopefully he becomes an outstanding footballer, he has the talent.

Is this the same Patrick Roberts who couldn't make an impact in the Fulham first team last year when given multiple chances, who got relegated to the bench and reserves in favour of Seko Fofana and various others? The lad is incredibly talented and will become a good player, but to suggest he's better than Navas at this point in time is utterly ridiculous. If you sent a lad on loan to Fulham and he had the season Roberts had then you certainly wouldn't be calling for him to be starting games yet (just ask Fofana).

I'm not even sure why people have him as ahead of Barker in the pecking order? I don't see anything that he's done to deserve to be ahead of him.
Barker & Roberts play on opposing wings anyway.

I will await my apology from you when the lad gets a chance and proves you wrong - unless we try the youth when senior pros aren't performing then we'll never know.

Some people on here must watch a completely different game. I see where you are coming from on paper, but no man is good enough not to be dropped just cos they've won medals. As much as I like his work rate, Navas is the weak link of our team - it is so painstakingly obvious. As was Kolarov for the past 3 seasons - he turned it round, so let's hope Navas can. Patrick Roberts, even at 18 is too big a talent to just sit on the bench for 38 games especially after we paid £12m for him.
He's played in every one(?) of the 11 wins on the bounce, he must be doing something right wouldn't you say?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.