Official City v Liverpool MatchDay Thread.

Agger 'has no memory' of Arsenal clash

Daniel Agger has no recollection of Sunday's game against Arsenal, according to Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson.

The defender suffered concussion after a knock in the second half of the 1-1 Premier League draw at Anfield. Team-mate Jamie Carragher signalled to the bench he should be replaced as he received treatment but, with three substitutes already used, that was not an option.

With Joe Cole having been sent off, Liverpool were temporarily reduced to nine men as Agger was taken to the sidelines but the 25-year-old eventually returned to the action.

Yet the player is still suffering from headaches as a result of the clash and will not be considered for tomorrow's UEFA Europa League play-off first leg against Trabzonspor.

"Daniel is not doing that well," said Hodgson. "It is three days after the incident and he is still suffering from the concussion. He has no memory of the game.

"He is not able to do very much at the moment because he is still suffering from headaches. Even something as simple as reading a newspaper or watching TV can give him a headache so it is just a question of him taking things easy."

Midfielder Javier Mascherano will also miss the clash against the Turks with a calf injury but could be back in contention for Monday's trip to Eastlands.

Mascherano was a surprise selection against Arsenal given his openly stated desire to leave but the club have still not received an offer for the 26-year-old Argentina captain.

"He will always be in my plans until the day comes when he leaves the club," Hodgson said. "For me that will be a long time in the future. If I could get my wish, he would always play."

Richard said:
-------------------------HART------------------------------

---ZABALETA-------TOURE-------KOMPANY------LESCOTT----

---------------------------DE JONG---------------------------

------------MILNER-------------------------TOURE-----------

--------------------------SILVA-------------------------------

----------------TEVEZ------------BALOTELLI------------------

couldn't we play Barry at left back? and does anyone actually know if mario will start most games?

I would like to see this:

---------------Hart--------------

Boateng-------K.Toure-------Lescott

--------Barry-----------Y.Toure

---------------A.Johnson--------------

--------Silva------------Milner

-----------Tevez----Adebayor--------

Subs include - De Jong/Kompany/Balotelli/SWP etc

When Kolarov comes back from injury, replace Lescott on the field.

Just put a £100 on us winning this game, of all the teams in this league I hate Liverpool the most, should more than double my stake :-)

Was tempted to have a bet on an Reina own goal but doubt it will happen again!

<a class="postlink" href="http://tinyurl.com/citytogetall3points" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tinyurl.com/citytogetall3points</a>

my lil brothers got a junior seasoncard. but he is on holiday in greece he told me 2 use it 4 the liverpool game cus he want be able 2go. but not sure if they will let me in. does any1 no wot i need 2 do contact the club and pay the difference ? can u do that ?

We shouldn't go with the diamond formation without Boateng and Kolarov out..

This is what I would do:

---------------Hart

Lescott-----Komp---Kolo-----Barry

-----------Yaya---De Jong

----Tevez-----Milner-----Silva

----------------Ade

Balo could start over Ade, and Milner could be moved to De Jongs spot, Tevez to Silvas, Silva to Milners and Johnson (Robbie if he isn't going to turkey) to Tevez'

---------------------------------HART--------------------------------

---RICHARDS-------TOURE-------KOMPANY------LESCOTT----

----------------------YAYA-----------------DE JONG----------------

-------------------------------MILNER-------------------------------

------JOHNSON----------------------------------BALOTELLI------

--------------------------------TEVEZ--------------------------------

-----------------------Hart-------------------

--Boateng--- -Toure-- Kompany--- Lescott

----------------Toure-------Barry--------

-------Balotelli------Tevez------Silva---------

---------------------Adebayor-----------------

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.