Official Manchester Derby Thread.

Re: Manchester Derby.

when the fixtures come out I check when it is and then give the rag bastards no further thought until the week of the game, at which point I tend to revert to my teen years and become a bit of a pain in the arse lol. My emotions are all over the place in the last 2 days before the game but on the day of the match I have always been convinced we will beat them. I dont see this year being any different other than the fact that my belief in us winning will be built on stronger foundations.

should be exciting. the first derby is quite early on aswell so hopefully we will be ahead of them like we were afew seasons ago when barton scored. we need a good start at ewood me thinks

Dont entertain the thick rags when they come out with comments like that. red idiot.[/quote]

what's the point? pretty childish of you - use your head davy has posted over 500 posts on here, would he really be a fan of our most bitter rivals??

united are not our rivals now... geographically they may be .. but real madrid is the only club we are rivals with at the moment - (financially that is)

ONCE WE OVERTAKE THEM THEY'LL NEVER CATCH US UP, SO UNITED ARE IRRELEVANT FOR ME NOW

we should change the song "who the f--k are man united" to
"who gives a f--k about united"

Man United will always be our rivals, you silly sods. It's the biggest game of the season for every City supporter, comparing us to Real Madrid is a bit silly too. I love the derby and always have, it's always the first fixture I look for when they're announced. I just hope we play better than the two games last season which I am sure we will having a much stronger first eleven.

For the first time I might actually see a City team that is as good on paper as the united team going into the derby.

You young'ns are in for a new experience over the coming years.

Going into a derby reasonably expecting to win (rather than hoping or having huge blue goggles on). Thing is it won't always happen. I well remember unaccountably losing to Tommy Docherty's Dancing Ferret Show.

The occasional against the formbook defeat hurts less when it isn't your biggest game of the season.

A new one for many of us oldies is, it is rare indeed for both clubs to be fighting for the top spots in the league (not since 68 I think?), and I'm not quite that old, so that'll be nice.

Beating the rags 5 - 1 is great.

Winning 1-0 in April to overtake them in the league we be a different order of magnitude altogether.

Always want to beat the twats but can't wait for it to be a competitive match where something is at stake e.g. an advantage in the title race or a cup match. Like it was in the old days. City to be top dogs in (Greater) Manchester again. Can't wait.

I'm always anxious and stressed out beyond belief on Derby day. I'm a real fucker to live with during the build-up 'cos I'm pacing up and down wondering what the formation will be, who's not passed a late fitness test, etc.
I get much much worse if it's the 86th minute and we're winning by the odd goal 'cos I know, I just absolutely know without any shadow of a doubt that they'll get yet ANOTHER hotly disputed penalty just so that they save face.

I think it'll be more of an even playing field this year, though: with the Ponce and Tevez (now whatever happened to him, I wonder?) both gone and no Mother Riley to come to Baconface's aid when they need it. I honestly see us doing them up a fucking treat.

Don't forget how running scared they were of SWP before. Kicking lumps out of the guy at every opportunity while the Bully stands there with that arrogant fucking smirk on his alcohol-ravaged face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.