Official Match Thread - Man City V WBA

fantastic today boys!still dont understand the fans who were booing in the second half when we would pass it backwards- we were up 3-0 ffs!i thought in this situation it was ideal to keep possession?it even seemed to hurry kolo up and hoof it out when he didnt need to. good win to take into the derby though, would have been nice to see dzeko net one

JM HUmph21 wrote ---Lol Tony Towers is my uncle :) 1st time I have heard him mentioned on bluemoon, was he any good? (Never seen him play)

Yes he played pro football for City (I could only dream) must have played over 100 times so who am I to knock him. He played in a very good team and wasnt really noticed that much if I remember he played in a few different positions and had a lot of games 69 - 71 when we were winning things. Look at Neil Young (RIP) he has only really got noticed in the last 10 - 15 years it was that sort of team then. I was only very young when he played I went to the 1974 league cup final and he played then.

His name is often mentioned where I sit the guy in front of me was a big fan and we picked him in the all time team (at right back!!) so there 2 supporters who remember him. Tell him I was asking for him and I wish we had a few true pros like him now. Zapper is the closes to him in the current team

Tony Towers was a very good ,versatile player but I think it could be said unspectacular. Nothing wrong with that though as he was a very good team player in a very good team.

As for that being fantastic it has to be said it was good first half and we were rubbish in the 2nd. Yes 3 nil up but we couldnt keep the ball which is what a team is supposed to do when coasting and if WBA hadnt been so poor where it mattered they would easily have scored from one of the many good situations they created.

Big improvement needed next week or we lose.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Tony Towers was a very good ,versatile player but I think it could be said unspectacular. Nothing wrong with that though as he was a very good team player in a very good team.

As for that being fantastic it has to be said it was good first half and we were rubbish in the 2nd. Yes 3 nil up but we couldnt keep the ball which is what a team is supposed to do when coasting and if WBA hadnt been so poor where it mattered they would easily have scored from one of the many good situations they created.

And they lost to the very bottom team today.

It's a derby, that's all I can say.

keemcfc said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

And they lost to the very bottom team today.

It's a derby, that's all I can say.

And they lost to the bottom team...hahaha they lose one game in 30 and you feel it appropriate to say that. We all know anything can happen on a given day but reality is that we need to up our game for next week or else.Probably there is less chance of the scum having a bad day next week because they have just had one.

We were good enough for WBA but it's a whole different ball game v them at the swamp.

kinkydribbler46 said:
We should have battered them second half

39 posts in 1 day .. and you had to bump old thread?

you want to post your first thread so bad eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.