Official Summer 2014 Transfer Update Thread

We all know / knew that we'd be slightly hampered in this window due to FFP, but not massively so.

With that in mind, we've done fairly well and offloaded a few players. Shame about Negredo and Richards, but football's a tough business... however... I do feel City are getting their house in order, and will probably hit back strong in January or certainly next summer.

The team we have now is hard to improve upon, and although strength in depth is a great thing, it's very hard to bring in world class players unless they feel nailed on to be in the starting line-up.

We are NOT in a desperate situation, so why rush into buying a player simply because they are a big name? It's far better to keep the money in our pockets until a truly top class player can arrive... Come January or next summer I expect we might be spending big again, whilst other clubs around us will be recovering from their current over inflated / panic stricken spree.

Put simply, we can't blow every club out of the water every single season. It's all about the right timing and the right players.

malg said:
Just seen on the BBC that the Hull City chairman has bought pizzas for the fans waiting outside the ground for transfer news. If true, that's brilliant stuff.

Nice gesture but I could turn myself into God if I was loaded ;0

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.