Official Supporters Club Membership: 2024-25 Season

For the first time in 40 odd years I will not be renewing my membership as I think the OSC is on it's way out.
Hope I'm wrong but it's nowhere near as good as it used to be.
For the first time I’ve joined one but not sure what benefit I’ll get from it. I would like to get to the odd away game this season but I don’t suppose it will help me achieve that.

For the first time I’ve joined one but not sure what benefit I’ll get from it. I would like to get to the odd away game this season but I don’t suppose it will help me achieve that.
It may do mate, I know most branches get 2 tickets for each away game so you may be lucky

Having never been in an OSC I've been dabbling with the idea for a couple of years now. I've got a seasoncard and have had since we moved stadium, so tickets for away games aren't normally an issue although the biggies (Swamp, Anfield etc) tend to be out of my reach now as I never bothered with Platinum so fell behind the top crowd. Therefore I wouldn't be interested in an OSC to help with ticket access as I'm pretty much ok in that regard.

I'm more considering it from a social perspective to meet more blues in the area and be involved in any events/meetings etc, especially as I'm seeing more and more of the usual faces drift away inside the stadium, mainly due to increased costs.

Can any long-standing members advise on how good/bad the social side of the OSC is, and if showing up as a new member is easy enough?

Having never been in an OSC I've been dabbling with the idea for a couple of years now. I've got a seasoncard and have had since we moved stadium, so tickets for away games aren't normally an issue although the biggies (Swamp, Anfield etc) tend to be out of my reach now as I never bothered with Platinum so fell behind the top crowd. Therefore I wouldn't be interested in an OSC to help with ticket access as I'm pretty much ok in that regard.

I'm more considering it from a social perspective to meet more blues in the area and be involved in any events/meetings etc, especially as I'm seeing more and more of the usual faces drift away inside the stadium, mainly due to increased costs.

Can any long-standing members advise on how good/bad the social side of the OSC is, and if showing up as a new member is easy enough?

You would have to state which branch you were thinking of joining to get a worthwhile answer on that.

What makes you especially well Qualified to advise?. Which Branch are you in mate? Thanks

I’m not in any branch and would offer no advice. But it’s pretty fucking obvious if he’s asking what the crack is like at branch meetings/ get togethers etc. that the answer is going to vary from branch to branch.

Not sure why that simple question is so offensive to you?

What makes you especially well Qualified to advise?. Which Branch are you in mate? Thanks
A ridiculous answer to a genuine question.
Some branches are more active than others and have regular meetings / social events beyond home / away games..
A good number of branches are not as active beyond home game travel / away games watched in a pub.

I’m not in any branch and would offer no advice. But it’s pretty fucking obvious if he’s asking what the crack is like at branch meetings/ get togethers etc. that the answer is going to vary from branch to branch.

Not sure why that simple question is so offensive to you?
Fair enough. My mistake

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.