Official Wigan vs CITY Thread

C_T_I_D said:
Richard said:
Man City: Given, Zabaleta, Richards, Lescott, Bridge, Wright-Phillips, De Jong, Barry, Petrov, Tevez, Adebayor. Subs: Taylor, Johnson, Ireland, Santa Cruz, Sylvinho, Kompany, Weiss

4-4-2?

I think we'll start with a kind of 4-4-1-1 really.

sam221985 said:
schtipps said:
Lescott is going to have to boss Richards today

Thing is Richards doesn't let himself be 'bossed', he'll stand there arguing the toss till he's blue in the face, he was doing it to Toure at the swamp and he's the friggin captain!

I think your right, unfortunately

We are shite here usually. No PL wins. So it should be a good barometer of exactly where we are. I expect 3 points.

The team picked today should be good enough, much will depend on Richards being sensible and not giving forwards a yard start before decides he wants to put in a tackle. Petrov has to perform well, all it needs is for him to get to te byline and put in some decent crosses for Ade as for Nige he will need to work hard in front of back four. If wheel comes off at least we have a decent bench with RSC and Ireland available so I am going to be positive about this.

Gutted Ireland isn't playing. I would have gone with:

Code:
-----------Given-------------

Zab----Richards--Lescott--Bridge

-------De Jong---Barry----------

SWP-------Ireland---------Tevez

-----------Adebayor------------

or

Code:
-------------Given-------------

Zab----Richards--Lescott--Bridge

-------De Jong---Barry----------

Tevez-------Ireland---------Petrov

-----------Adebayor------------

Oh well, Come on City!!

Cant wait to see Petrov start, he is a fantastic talent, shame he is a bit of a mard arse

Interesting Team Selection.

Big game for the team as a whole to prove whether or not we really are as good as we've been making out for a number of reasons.

1. We're playing a team we usually play shit against so now we can see how much we have changed.
2. It's the first real time we've used our 'big squad' and players have come in to replace injured first teamers so these players need to prove whether or not they are more than adequate replacements.
4. We're missing our most influential player of the season so far in Bellamy and our most influential player from last season in Ireland.
3. If we win, we're right in the mix.

Come on City!!

Where have all the pie eatin fans come from, fullest I've seen it all season.
More there than scum game!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.