Offside rule changed after Cancelo's goal against WBA

>> We just keep finding new ways of pissing people off.
This is how it feels to be small.
You sign Phil Jones
We sign Kun Aguero
Kun Aguero
KUN AGUERO!

Sian Massey is a good liner but she got this one wrong. But I thought Kavanagh properly stitched her up by not blowing his whistle as soon as she raised the flag. I know it's not the directive but the incident would have blown over in seconds if he had. It was all very embarrassing for the officials.

Sian Massey is a good liner but she got this one wrong. But I thought Kavanagh properly stitched her up by not blowing his whistle as soon as she raised the flag. I know it's not the directive but the incident would have blown over in seconds if he had. It was all very embarrassing for the officials.
I thought she raised her flag when Bernardo seemed to be trapped on the byline with nowhere to go so no immediate chance of a goal being scored. But by the time the ref saw the flag the Baggies defence had relaxed enough for Bernardo to find Cancelo so he was given the chance to get his shot away just in case. Pre VAR the flag would have gone up straight away, long before there was any prospect of a goal being scored and nobody would have bothered to measure the centimetres. Despite it benefiting us for once VAR really is a pain in the arse.

There's nothing to change. Perfectly good goal. The lino should of done her job properly and waited until the phase of play was over then flagged. It's her that caused the controversy by flagging early. We didn't gain an advantage either as not one West Brom player stopped when the flag was raised.
Id say there was a wba player who stopped. He could have closed Cancelo down possibly. However thats his fault for not playing to the whistle....

Go by the whistle not the flag. The Lineswoman messed up, human error. They are told to let play go on, then flag anyway.
I love that we keep winding the opposition and media up every game. Delighted. About time too.

I thought she raised her flag when Bernardo seemed to be trapped on the byline with nowhere to go so no immediate chance of a goal being scored. But by the time the ref saw the flag the Baggies defence had relaxed enough for Bernardo to find Cancelo so he was given the chance to get his shot away just in case. Pre VAR the flag would have gone up straight away, long before there was any prospect of a goal being scored and nobody would have bothered to measure the centimetres. Despite it benefiting us for once VAR really is a pain in the arse.
So a goal that wasnt offside (as was proved) would have been disallowed and you'd be happy about that?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.