OH, 4 More Players !?

vans0531

Link From - <a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8157937.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 157937.stm</a>

Huges said : "We've invested in the attacking side of our squad, added to our strength in midfield and obviously we'd like to address defensive areas now.

and Bombo said : 5 More players

my agent mate has heard we are still after 5 players including adebayor/frontman. Wonder who the other 4 are. Lescott plus terry/top centre back. And two more? Maybe a centre mid, left winger or a right back.
I'll take a punt on lecott, toure, maicon, adebayor and robben before the window shuts.

adebayor in that's 1 out of the 5. 4 more to go.

Oh my god !!

Bombo is ITK....!?

2 CB's and a left back and I'd think we would be fine, I'd even like to keep Dunne if he's happy to fight it out with Ned and the 2 new CB's maybe even just 1 CB and see how young Ben Mee does.

Whatever the case, god it's good to be a clubs that's loaded, thankyou Shiek Mansour /bow

Maineblue said:
2 CB's and a left back and I'd think we would be fine, I'd even like to keep Dunne if he's happy to fight it out with Ned and the 2 new CB's maybe even just 1 CB and see how young Ben Mee does.

Whatever the case, god it's good to be a clubs that's loaded, thankyou Shiek Mansour /bow

IF we get Terry I can see the whole back line benefitting - I really think he would bring Richards on a hell of a lot

I think MH sees what many of us sees. On the left, that Garrido is far from good enough and that there are question marks over Bridge. Bridge need healthy competition. Anyone knows of any good left backs? A shame that Lyon bought Cissocko, he could have been immense for us.

Also, I think MH wants the right attacking option from the right back, which Zab and Richards don't give us. So maybe we will buy two full backs and one CB to partner Ned at the back with Richards and Kompany stepping in when necessary. Ben-Haim should definitely go. Question mark over what happens to Dunne, as it doesn't look like he will get alot of playing time next season.

What do you guys think?

We will sign two centre backs, then it's over. I think the idea is Lescott/Barry as cover for LB should Bridge get injured. If Terry doesn't come off I expect another bid for a 'big name' defender; maybe Toure, that's gone quiet.

We should just sign Joleon Lescott and John Terry, which is world-class when you think about it because they're both English national players and John Terry is a great leader with bags of experience and can score goals same with Lescott (The scoring part).

If we do want a RB or a LB we should just sign Darijo Srna or Phillip Lahm if it's even possible we can get one of the two, they can both play RB - LB so getting one of them would be great and Srna is another one who is a good leader, Russia is cold so I doubt the weather would be bad for him, very good crosser and he is good at freekicks too isn't the tallest of guys though. Lahm is just world-class when he concentrates.

Somud said:
I think MH sees what many of us sees. On the left, that Garrido is far from good enough and that there are question marks over Bridge. Bridge need healthy competition. Anyone knows of any good left backs? A shame that Lyon bought Cissocko, he could have been immense for us.

Also, I think MH wants the right attacking option from the right back, which Zab and Richards don't give us. So maybe we will buy two full backs and one CB to partner Ned at the back with Richards and Kompany stepping in when necessary. Ben-Haim should definitely go. Question mark over what happens to Dunne, as it doesn't look like he will get alot of playing time next season.

What do you guys think?

I'm quite happy with the RB position I like Zab and think he does a good job there and Micah even though he had a pretty shit season is still only a kid and could have a great career ahead of him and with us.

Yeah if we manage to get Lescott he would be good cover for Bridge and Barry could always do a job for us there but I'd rather we get a proper LB in to fight it out with Bridge, Clichy would be lovely but I'm sure there's a few options around, Cashley just for that fact that it would piss Chelski off no end and not matter how much of a twat the fella is he's still quality.

I was hoping we would have a bid for the new LB Chelski bought recently...Jerkoff or however you spell it!, having seen him play for Russia in the euros really rated him.

1 or 2 quality CB's and a new LB and I think we would have a top four capable squad.

Somud said:

What do you guys think?

Unfortunately some rumours are suggesting Ned will be used as bait for us to get Lescot. I hope not but we can't rule something like that happening.

We need English players if we're aiming to be in Europe over the next few seasons (with UEFAs new rules coming in) so Lescott and Terry are very important. At least Lescott anyway.

I hope we don't over do it though. Four more is a bit extreme but a lot of players should be leaving I guess.

Hughes knows he needs a small enough squad to work with day-to-day without his message getting lost so he won't want a ridiculous amount of players.

We need to get a core 22-25 to train each day. At the moment we have far too many players but as I said, hopefully a lot will be leaving.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.