OK,... YOU are now Manchester City's new manager.........

Start with 4 5 1 defenders maicon kompany lescott clichy
midfield Zaba Yaya Silva Garcia Kolarov
forward S Aguero

we must dominate teams in midfield in the early stages of games,lots of teams are starting with extra players in midfield even playing 4 6 0.
using Zaba and Kolarov in these positions would make us much more flexible to change formations during the game.While also giving us a better blend of attacking /defence players.
I do think our passing game is better suited to the lone striker wether it be Tevez Mario or Sergio with Dzeko playing the role of the Support striker.
In january i would be trying to sell Mario and spend all the money and more getting Bale.

sh249 said:
- Shelve the 3-5-2 (not working, unlikely to work, I think - but also fear RM is probably too stubborn to admit defeat with it)

- Get Kompany and Lescott playing together as often as possible

- Get us to press much higher up the pitch - get the impression at the moment it is just far too easy for teams to play against us. Occasionally one of our strikers presses opposition defenders, but too often there's then a huge gap to the rest of the team.

- Tell us to play at a higher tempo when attacking. No problem in being patient, keeping the ball in defence/midfield, but when the chance comes to move forward and create, needs to be done much more quickly/sharply. At the moment, we just seem to spend vast periods aimlessly shunting it around at the back without looking to actually create space/opportunities - often meaning we end up going back to Hart, and then, ultimately, losing possession.

- Try and get Barry back up to speed asap - then play either:

------------Hart--------------
Zab--Kompany-Lescott--Clichy
--------Yaya----Barry---------
--Silva-----------------Milner--
-------Tevez---Aguero---------

or:
-----------Hart---------------
Zab--Kompany-Lescott--Clichy
----Garcia/Rodwell--Barry-----
--Silva---------Yaya-------Tevez (although perhaps a bit wasted here?)
---------------Aguero-----------

Either way, get back to a system the players are familiar with. Of course, there needs to be some rotation, but surely this is more easily done within a familiar framework, rather than via a wholesale change of personnel and system? Once we've got back to doing the basics right, got the confidence back, there'd be plenty of games where we could then swap Maicon for Zabaleta (I'd have Richards as first choice when fit), Kolarov for Clichy, Rodwell for Garcia/Barry, Dzeko/Balotelli for Tevez/Aguero, Sinclair for Milner (Nasri as first choice when fit), Nasti for Lescott/Kompany etc. (not all at once, obviously!). Silva and Yaya are pretty much irreplacable, of course, but that's true of all top players.
With Nasri out I absolutely agree we should consider either Tevez or Aguero at right side attacking mid. Personally I would go with Sergio because he gets past defenders and runs at them which tends to cause consternation in opposing defences. We could play any of Tev, Edin , Mario as the main striker

I don't claim to be any kind of tactician, but what I have observed is that all the teams that played well against us have pressurised us high up the pitch into our territory. This was true against Real Madrid. So much so, if you just got in behind that pressing, you were almost open on net. Same with Liverpool, they pressed us high up the pitch.

I'm not talking about switching to a long ball game, but I need to mix it up. We should be pinging some long balls over the top, bypassing the oppositions midfield, not necessarily to score, but to put the midfield more on the back foot, not confident to come up and press us so high up the pitch.

Earlier somebody else noticed motivation. You know, Ferguson must be saying to his players, you want to be the team that people point to who gave up on the United dynasty? We have to break them this year, otherwise they could dominate into the future. How else could it get so much passionate team playing so well/getting results?

If we are not, we need to be creating that steely determination that comes from knowing you are not just winning matches and trophies, you are on the cusp of writing a major historical event in English football history. European football history.

By the way, haven't read all the thread.

Didsbury Dave said:
Adopt 4 2 3 1 as the standard formation. Pick yaya in the central of the advanced roles every single week, unless injured or desperate for a rest. Forget kolorov. Get Richards back at right back ASAP. Use one of our strikers wide left, silva wide right and one other striker up front. Decide who you are going to give a run of games to and stick to it. Stick with kompany and lescott as the centre half pairing. Use nastasic if one is injured or suspended. Keep Sinclair on the bench. Forget the 352. Keep talking to and motivating the players we have. Work hard on pressing high up the pitch to win possession back.

In conclusion, steady the ship, stop
Tinkering and sending out the wrong midfield, build a confident team using our main assets, build the belief, stop whinging in the press and lead these players where they belong; the top of the league.
when can I claim my prize , please? .;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Adopt 4 2 3 1 as the standard formation. Pick yaya in the central of the advanced roles every single week, unless injured or desperate for a rest. Forget kolorov. Get Richards back at right back ASAP. Use one of our strikers wide left, silva wide right and one other striker up front. Decide who you are going to give a run of games to and stick to it. Stick with kompany and lescott as the centre half pairing. Use nastasic if one is injured or suspended. Keep Sinclair on the bench. Forget the 352. Keep talking to and motivating the players we have. Work hard on pressing high up the pitch to win possession back.

Tinkering and sending out the wrong midfield, build a confident team using our main assets, build the belief, stop whinging in the press and lead these players where they belong; the top of the league.
Stick with kompany & lescot..

No prize..

Didsbury Dave said:

This

The cookie monster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Stick with kompany & lescot..

No prize..
that's the only mistake he made, though, and it wasn't a big one ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.