Old pictures of Manchester

There’s another one here

View attachment 87990
I think that's even worse! Scares the life out of me. A strong stomach must have been needed for that work (imagine doing that with a hangover). Also doubt there was much in terms of health and safety in those days.

I wonder how dangerous it really was working at those heights and how many falls there must have been.

I think that's even worse! Scares the life out of me. A strong stomach must have been needed for that work (imagine doing that with a hangover). Also doubt there was much in terms of health and safety in those days.

I wonder how dangerous it really was working at those heights and how many falls there must have been.
How did their hats stay on?

Imagine it on a windy day… makes the palms of my hands and soles of my feet tingle and sweat just thinking about it.

Could you imagine the dinnertime chat, ‘bloody hell, John fell off before, he’s a gonner so who’s going down after we’ve had our butties to fetch another lad up?’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.