Old songs

As a FOC I remember the first song I heard on the Kippax.

The blues are here to stay - that's what the people say
We are the best football team the world has ever seen
We're from the Kippax Street - and we admire defeat, but when it comes to the boys who play in blue and white
tra la la la la la la la la la la la la.
I think we also sung it when at Wembley in 69
I was right behind the goals when Nelly scored.
Best day of my life then.
Want a repeat beating Leicester in the final and also revenge on
those perennial losers Tosseringham.
Edited for accuracy.

One season at Anfield, their first home game of the season after winning the double the previous season (I think the press may have gone on about it a bit!?)
Liverpool paraded the FA Cup and League trophy in the centre circle.
The City fans on seeing this burst into a chorus of 'What the fucking hell is that'. (Could have referred to either or both trophies really)
Although it was true that in 1986 we weren't used to seeing such things it was still good, ironic, self depreciating sense of humour from the City fans there. Funnily enough ,there would have been many times down the years Liverpool fans could have sung the very same song...very much doubt that they would have let their pride and sense if self entitlement do it though.

Come to think of it, our other 'mates' who play in red could have sang that song about the (then) 1st Division trophy at that time....as indeed , come to think of it, they could now about the Premier League trophy!!!

As old songs go it was 40 years ago today Eurovision song contest we lost 2 0 at Norwich a young girl on the football special on the way home had a TV we heard the songs I've only seen her once since at a supporter s club meeting with her son who was a giant about 1999 ish very rare for a female to go to the game s on her own at that time hope she's well and enjoying our recent success as a city fan of many years she would get the nod like anyone else you see outside the ground,(if only) from the city special days pork pies and cheese butties Howard and co doing a great job we never win at home and we never win away MCFC ok forget to say 7 days later but that's another story oh city we love you
Parklife

I was watching the Posh v Mackems game over the weekend and one of the players had a shot that ended up hitting the roof of the stand.

We used to sing 'Subbuteo' at away games whenever that happened. Found myself singing it the other day. Wife thought I had lost it.

Niall Quinn’s disco pants are the best.

We could change this to the Bluetooth conspiracy song:

Gundogan is teacher’s pet,
He’s first on the team sheet I’ll bet,
We haven’t found a reason yet,
But gundogan is teacher’s pet
Bet you feel a right twat now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.