Oldest City Souvenir/Merchandise you have

I have a set of 3 seats from Maine Road. They've been in my shed for years. I intended to do something with them in the garden but I don't know how to sort it.

I went to that game. I'll have a look through my program collection when I eventually get back to Manchester.

Got my 12 month visitors passport signed by most of the players including Joe and Mal at the hotel, they thought I was mad !
If you find it and put it on Ebay opt for allowing foreign bidders. Just by luck I did that and the winner (£280) was from Brussels.

That record at the top, Is that the one with the b side “me ball’s popped”? Or something like that! I’ve a copy in me garage somewhere
I remember that. It was called "Me ball's burst" by The Syndicate and was the B-side of the official record. "Boys in Blue" , which was actually written by 10 c.c. I still have the later release of that on the black RCA label somewhere and have a bizarre story around that. When I lived in Manc in the 80's I was burgled, and a lot of my records were stolen included that one. Thing is I used to have my own personal rubber stamp and stamped all my records with it. Around 10 years later I found the exact same copy, complete with my stamp on it, in a newsagent in Blackpool on a rack selling old records for 50p or something. What are the odds?

If you have the earlier one on the orange RCA label it's supposed to be quite valuable.

I also have a (pretty naff) record by Rockin' Ronnie, called "We're Back", released to celebrate our promotion back to (what was) Division 1 in 1985. Not much apart from that, around 50-60 programmes from late 80's to early 2000's, but including a few derby programmes, City magazines from the 90s, and the last match at Maine Road. Also have the MEN Football Pink "End of an Era" copy for the same match.

I've got an England programme for a doomed tournament, F.A. Summer Tournament at Wembley in 2004, where we played Japan and Iceland (not at the same time), probably not too many of those around but that's about it apart from a few tatty old shirts (still got my fluorescent striped sgirt from Wembley '99) and one of those Klaus Kobec watches that cost around £100 but are probably worth about a fiver.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.