oldham v city 88

Great clip, this was just after Stoke (Fancy dress) - our away support totalled nearly 30k in those 2 matches !!!

Mad

squirtyflower said:
lancs blue said:
Yes it was the previous season, it was in August but of course it was always winter at Boundary Park, a lot of blues were in shirtsleeeves and there was a hailstorm just before KO IIRC and the temperature plummeted.
i remember the game, thought it was perhaps early september
wore a brand new leather jacket to the game as it was quite sunny!
watched people near the front gradually move back the more it rained
and as the pitch was plastic all the rain simply flowed off to the end we were in and then i'm sure i remember some nutters actually swimming behind the goal

Not sure how moving back would have helped keep you dry as there was no roof, unless you are referring to the paddock to the side which had some seats behind with a roof over in those days???

Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
How I miss that plastic pitch!

What year was it when we played Oldham and it pissed down all game......... I don't think I have ever been as pissed wet through at a game

Mid 80's wasn't it ?

Was that the same one when a few City nutters were mud wrestling at the top. The flat bit at the top of the terracing was like a mud bath and some lads were just throwing each other into it. There were 2 or 3 coppers stood watching and you could tell they were thinking wtf is going on. Happy days eh !

The rain game was in summer. What I remember is that it was a muggy hot day and we were all in shirts/t-shirts.

At exactly 3pm a huge thunderstorm erupted over Boundary Park.

People were jumping the fences to go round to the covered stands. At half time lots of blues left when they opened the gates. My guess would be the 87-88 season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.