#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate your points about Zinchenko but, for me, I just don't think he is up to the standard of player we need for the first team. For example, would you rate Zinchenko at the same level as say Tierney at Arsenal or Robertson at Liverpool. We need a top left fullback to get even stronger as a team.
Definitely same level. If you wanna compare apples with pears

I may have a blind spot but I think he has been average all season. His passing is not great, always behind or slightly off target, he is not the quickest, offers little threat going forward, is not the best defender. His heading has improved greatly and it’s not his natural position, but I really don’t think he offers much at left back. Remember this is my opinion so try not to get abusive

I may have a blind spot but I think he has been average all season. His passing is not great, always behind or slightly off target, he is not the quickest, offers little threat going forward, is not the best defender. His heading has improved greatly and it’s not his natural position, but I really don’t think he offers much at left back. Remember this is my opinion so try not to get abusive
more Clueless I would say

For example, would you rate Zinchenko at the same level as say Tierney at Arsenal or Robertson at Liverpool.
You could argue that he is not as good as Tierney or Robertson.
We don't have these two so Pep can only compare him to Ake, Cancelo, Mendy and Laporte.
I think he's the best available to us at left back and is always up for it every game.

You could argue that he is not as good as Tierney or Robertson.
We don't have these two so Pep can only compare him to Ake, Cancelo, Mendy and Laporte.
I think he's the best available to us at left back and is always up for it every game.
Zinchenko is a decent backup LB - but if he's our first choice at LB for whatever reason in an important game - then we're fielding a weakened side.

Thee are left backs and then there are left backs under a Pep system. It is no coincidence that our best runs as a team during the last few years have come with a converted midfielder in the position. For me, Zinchenko has had a really decent season and we are a better, more balanced team when he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.